See also: Danone (homonymy)
Danone is also the name of a company of this group, specialized in the fresh dairy products.
1852Charles Gervais opens a cheese dairy in Normandy.
Since 1919In Barcelona, the merchant Isaac Carasso, Juif of Salonique creates in 1919 his yoghourt company containing lactic leaven, which it named Danone. Its name comes from “Danon”, diminutive in Catalan of “Daniel” his son.
- July 7th: End of the co-operation between Eden and Danone around the company Tower water.
- July 8th: Danone launches a tender offer on Numico, Dutch group leader to Europe of food for babies and specialist also in the food for hospitalized people. The operation is buckled for 12,3 billion euros.
- October 29th, 2007. The board of directors of Danone approves the sale and the conditions of this one of his Cookie branch and cereal products with Kraft Foods. The finalization remains subjected to the agreements of certain authorities of which European commission.
Danone todayThe seat of the group is with Paris: Before the Lu transfer, the world n° 2 of cookies and cereal snack bars: 53 factories in 21 country, 6,3 billion units produced in the world, 23 % of CA of the group. (the Lu transfer must intervene at the end of 2007 definitively).
- Turnover 2006: 15,6 billion euros of which 43 % out of Western Europe.
- Clear benefit 2005: 1,46 billion euros.
- More 100 000 collaborators in the world.
After the transfer of its branch Cookie, its activities will be divided into 4 poles for 88.000 collaborators
|Random links:||Aquaplaning | Adrien Arcelin | Violet of Cry | Chirac and 40 liars… | General San Martín (line C in Buenos Aires) | Syndrome_chronique_de_fatigue|