Universe of Dère
Universe and spherology
According to the cosmogonic Myth dérien more spread, two divinities, Los and Sumu, wandered in the eternity of the vacuum. Los was only believed, and when it met Sumu, it was taken of anger and killed it. While being defended, Sumu wounded Los and this one lost twelve blood drops which trained the twelve gods. Then, taken remord, Los cried and the tears formed the beings living which populated Dère, the body of Sumu.
This event marked the origin of times.
In great civilizations of Aventurie, the spherology is the science (mixing magic, philosophy and theology) which studies the structure of the universe, while being based on a representation of the universe according to the model of onion skins. This theory in particular was promoted by Rohal the wise one.
According to the treaties of spherology, the universe would be divided into seven spheres active of the order to chaos:
- Order and peace, the heart of the world: it is this sphere which contains the “natural” laws governing the other spheres; this sphere bears also the names of Mystery of Kha, Principe of the world (by the priests), Noyau of the thesis of cosmos (by the guilds of magic) or Source of Nayrakis (by the philosophers; Nayrakis is the gasoline of Los and indicates all that is possible, in opposition to Sikaryan which is the gasoline of Sumu and indicates what is real); one cannot reach this sphere;
- Dère and fortresses, to become to it Elements: it is the body of Sumu, sits of the six citadels of the Elements, the destroyed citadel of the Power, and the Tree of the demons;
- Life and fruitfulness: the field of the elements and the mortals, it acts of Dère;
- Died and escape of time: the kingdom of death, also called “hall of Boron”, it is there that go the hearts of dead which are refused with the paradise of the twelve gods;
- Sphere of the gods: they is there that Alveran is, the Citadel of the gods, as well as the paradise of the twelve gods; the Citadel is kept by six high dragons;
- Stars and power: it is the Wall of stars, where the god without name is connected, and the source of the magic; it is also the field of the Pantheon de H' Ranga, and the place of residence of some being, like Mada, or demigods;
- Chaos and vapors, chaos without end: they are the hells, cut out in thirteen kingdoms; twelve of them are directed by a principal demon.
Globules float in the limbs. A globule is a kind of mini sphere, with its own heart containing its natural laws (the flow of time and gravity can vary compared to Dère).
THERE exist also parallel worlds, which are alternatives to the third sphere (Dère): the history diverged from that of Dère at a given time, but the origin and the natural laws are identical. One can reach the parallel worlds while passing by the limbs.
; Note: there is an ambiguity between 2nd and the 3rd sphere, it would seem that the 2nd sphere is the interior of the body of Sumu, and that 3rd would be its surface.
Dère is the third planet of a solar system which comprises eight of them. The sun is a Naine red which emits a yellow light. Dere is a world similar to the ground, on which is four continents:
the Aventurie , smallest
- Myranor, or Thaesumu , in the west of Aventurie, called “Country of gold” or “Grounds gilded” in Aventurie
- Riesland (in the east of Aventurie) country of the giants, Vaestenland (in English)
- Uthuria (southern of Aventurie)
There exists also another continent, a hollow world under the ground, called Tharoune .
The spherical form of Dère is known only of few people. The majority generally think that it is a disc, a kind of plate of play for the gods and the entities superiors which are held with the top of them.
In the beliefs of Maraskan, Dère is regarded as a disc that the Rur god sent like gift to his twin brother Gror.
In the spherologic representation, Dère is in the third of the seven spheres of the universe, the sphere of the living beings.
Aventurie ( Aventurien ) developed as of 1984 and grew rich progressively by the publications by the scenarios and supplements of the black Eye .
See the detailed article Aventurie.
Hollow Tharoune and Le Monde
Tharoune is a kingdom of the hollow World (Hohlwelt) , enlightened by a sun in its center. In the Fencing masters , the advanced rules of the first edition, it is about the interior of Dère. It was then described in 2002 in the book MIT Geistermacht und sphärenkraft p.15, as being a globule, i.e. a parallel world.
See the detailed article Tharoune.
Myranor - Country of gold
Myranor, which one calls the Country of gold or the Grounds gilded in Aventurie, is a continent larger than Aventurie. It extends from the Arctic zone in North at the tropical zone in the South.
See the detailed article Myranor.
Riesland - the mysterious continent of the East
The immense one and mysterious continent located at the east of Aventurie is called Riesland (literally “giant Country”, or “Country of the giants”). An old legend tells that formerly the wire of Guerimm, the trolls and the cyclops, were constantly brawling. Guerimm, which in have enough, decided to put a term at its squabbles. It then struck its sword the ground, so extremely that the world trembled about it. The jolts of the body of Sumu made to flancher the cyclops on a side and the trolls of the other, and there spouts out in front of their eyes, an immense wall larger than 3 333 trolls and larger than 4 444 cyclops.
An immense wall of insuperable mountains, named the Bronze Sword, separates the two continents thus.
The trolls and the cyclops were separate the ones with the East and the others in the West. And thus their ceaseless arguments were completed. The cyclops migrated to the West towards the sea; the trolls migrated towards the East, in the Mountains of fire, and took the name of black ogres.
In practice, almost nothing of this continent is known, the chain of the mountains is insuperable, and the continent is inaccessible by the sea because of the reefs and other dangers of the Sea of the pearls. One thus ignores so giants live really this continent. It is known that all along its Western southern part, it is bordered of volcanos quasi perpetual eruption (it is in one of them besides that the elemental citadel of fire is). The coast is not more accessible, it is thus necessary to venture further towards the East.
The only place of this continent which could be vaguely explored over there are the Plains of fog, which were reached by chance during a shipwreck of a forwarding of soldiers thorvaliens about year 17 after Hal. It is about a valley drowned in the fogs in the middle of escarpées mountains.
The only element of civilization which one succeeded in discovering is a mysterious city, in the South-east of the continent, where live kind of man-fish to the skin blue: Mahrs blue (Blauer Mahr) or Mahrys. The city is called Mahrynia.
Let us specify moreover that certain priests of Aves (itinerant priests) succeeded in roughly charting most of the continent (like that of the Country of gold besides).
Works composing the universe of fiction
Three video games, created by the Attic company, proceed in Aventurie. They are known in Germany under the name of Nordlandtrilogie , i.e. literally “trilogy of the country of North” (Thorval and valleys of Svellt). The trilogy was translated into English under the denomination Realms off Arkania (RoA), Aventurie there having been renamed Arkania.
The plays are:
- Die Schicksalsklinge (litt. The Blade of the destiny), Blade off Destiny in English
- Sternenschweif , (litt. The Way of stars), Star Trail in English
- Schatten über Rivetted (litt. Shades on Rivetted), Shadows over Riva in English
- the Battle of the dinosaurs
Sets of figurines
Armalion (1998): Sets of figurines proceeding during the Orques wars which made planes a threat on the human ones.
A hundred novels were published in German (see the page ).
Soixante-treize novels are appeared in the editor Wilhelm Heyne Verlag between 1995 and 2004. Thereafter, Fantasy Productions wanted to reinforce seizure on the collection in order to guarantee a better coherence. It thus created a publisher, Phönix Verlag, to publish the numbered novels 74 to 94.
As from 2004, Hans Joachim Alpers created a new named series Rhiana die the Amazon and being held approximately 100 years before the principal series. The first two novels were published at Wilhelm Heyne Verlag, and the following at Piper Verlag. The seventh work should be published in 2007.
Five novels do not form part of a collection dedicated to the black Eye ; they are held in Aventurie, put in scene characters and legends of this world, but do not stick to be coherent with the rules of the game. It is about
- Das eherne Schwert , Andreas Brandhorst, ED. Droemer-Knaur (1985)
- Die Gabe der Amazonen , Ulrich Kiesow, ED. Fantasy Productions (1988)
- Mond über Phexcaer , Ulrich Kiesow, ED. Fantasy Productions (1990)
- Das Jahr of Greifen , Bernhard Hennen and Wolfgang Hohlbein, (trilogy: Der Sturm , Die Entdeckung and Die the Amazon ), ED. Bastei-Lübbe (1994).
Three novels were translated into English, under the title Realms off Arkania :
- RoA : The Charlatan (January 1996, ISBN 0-7615-0233-5),
- RoA: The Lioness (March 1996, ISBN 0-7615-0477-X),
- RoA: The Sacrifice (September 1996, ISBN 0-7615-0476-1).
Evolution of the universe of Dère
Important evolutions of the imaginary world.
- 1984 : first publication of the Roleplay the black Eye .
- 1985 - 1989: translation of the 1e edition of the French roleplay
- 1988: Publication of the Fencing master , the “advanced” version of the first edition of the black Eye , describing Tharoune.
- 1988 : Second edition (DSA2), whose rules will be used as engine with the video games.
- 1988 : translation of the 1e edition of the Dutch and Italian roleplay.
- 1992 : edition Board game Heroes of the Black Eye and the first video game, Die Schicksalsklinge .
- 1993 : 3rd edition of roleplay (DSA3)
- 1994: publication of the 2nd video game, Sternenschweif .
- 1996 : publication of the 3rd video game, Schatten über Rivetted .
- 1993 - 1996: translation of the 3rd edition of the Dutch roleplay.
- 2000 : publication of the sytème of play around Myranor, Myranor - das Güldenland (an experimental pre-version of the fourth edition)
- 2001: 4th edition of roleplay (DSA4).
- 2003 : translation of the 4th edition of the English roleplay.
; In French
- Dictionary on Œilnoir.jdr.free.fr
- Encyclopedia of tarasque black
; In German
- Das Aventurische Geschichtbuch (historical of Aventurie)
- Memoria Myrana: a fanzine devoted to Myranor
- Wiki Aventurica
|Random links:||Paczki | Etxarri-Aranatz | Nové Město | Celse of Milan | Andrew Holleran|