A management software of versions is a Logiciel of Gestion of configuration making it possible to store information for one or more computer's resources making it possible to recover all the intermediate versions of the resources, as well as the differences between the versions.
Management software of versions of filesA management software of versions acts on a tree structure of files in order to preserve all the versions of the files, as well as the differences between the files.
This system allows for example mutualiser a development. A group of developers around the same development will make use of the tool to store any evolution of the source code. The system manages the updates of the sources by each developer, preserves a trace of each change. Those, in good use, are each time accompanied by a comment. The system works by fusion of copies local and distant, and not by crushing of the distant version by the local version. Thus, two developers working in concert on the same source, the changes of the first to subject its work will not be lost when the second, who thus worked on a version not yet modified by the first, returns his modifications.
Generally, each version is incremented of 1 compared to the preceding one. It is called revision .
Management software of versions
ALDON Lifecycle Manager (Company ALDON): http://www.aldon.fr
- Subversion: http://subversion.tigris.org
- Visual SourceSafe (Company Microsoft)
- ClearCase (Company Rational Software/IBM)
- PVCS (Dimensions): http://www.serena.com/
- GNU Arch: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/
- Bazaar: http://bazaar.canonical.com (compatible with GNU Arch) and its distance descending Bazaar-ng: http://www.bazaar-ng.org
- Synergy (Telelogic Company)
- SCM Surround (Company Seapine)
- DaRCS: http://www.darcs.net/
- To lie, used inter alia for the core GNU/linux
- Mercurial http://www.selenic.com/mercurial
- So6, management software of configuration of LibreSource
- MECASP, management of versions and fusion of alternatives: http://mecasp.free.fr
- SVK, based on the filing system of Subversion: http://svk.elixus.org/
- MKS: http://www.mks.com/
- Vault (SourceGear Company)
The concept of managements of versions can adapt to other types of resources. The sites WikiWiki (of which the site Wikipédia forms part) are examples of management software of versions acting on fields of Database and not on files.
Software as Tailor makes it possible moreover to carry out conversions between the formats of file of the various software of control of version.
- List off revision control en.wikipedia.org software lists which is more complete
- Version Control of the PortlandPatternRepository (in English)
|Random links:||Shoed Vincent | Philippe Boutry | Noah Pamarot | The Community of communes of the Doors of Thiérache | Dorsa cabernet|