Culture of Syria
Traditional craft industry
- the fabrics are one of the Syrian traditions. They are very snuffed by the decorators and the large Western dressmakers.
- Damas is especially known for its famous Brocart S.
- Hama is famous for its cloths.
- Alep is famous for its scarves out of silk and with the colors chatoyantes.
- the soap of Alep, containing bay-tree and olive oil is manufactured by forty craftsmen
- marquetry: plays, boxes, frameworks, chairs…
- embroidered tablecloths
- the Narguilé S
- objects in puffed up Glass
- the jewel X
- the Carpets woven with the hand
The hamman is a place where the Syrians like to find themselves sometimes late the evening. The hammans traditional Syrians are especially remarkable by their refined decoration which gives them the aspect of palate. They can be visited like monuments of art of living. Among the hamman of Damas, one can quote:
- the hamman Al Tawrizi one of most beautiful and of is best preserved. It dates from the beginning of the 15th century.
- the hamman Nur Al DIN , close to the Mosque of Omeyyades, is one of most luxurious.
- the hamman ace Silsila , close to the Mausolée of Saladin is one of most pleasant.
- the hamman Bakri Bath of Bab Touma, more popular
- the hamman Yalbougha Al Nasri of Alep, one of more refined
- the hamman Bab Al Ahmar of Alep, one of most convivial the
TourismSyria received 1.267.000 tourists (1998) who generated 1480 million $ of incomes. The most visited sites were:
- in Damas, the capital: the Mosque of Omeyyades, the Tomb of Saladin, the Palate Azem, the Holy-Honorine Vault, Bab Charki and souks.
- the Krak of the Knights ( Qasr Al Hosn ), close to Homs
- Palmyre, in the east of Damas
- the town of Alep
- Apamée, in the North-East of Hama
- Bosra, in the south of Damas, close to Der' has
- the fortress of Margat ( Qasr Marqab ), in the south of Lattaquié
- the Château of the Saone ( Qasr Salah Al DIN ), in the east of Lattaquié
- Ugarit ( Close-cropped Chamra ), in the south of Lattaquié
- the Basilica Saint-Siméon ( Qasr Seman ), in the North-West of Alep
TelevisionOne cannot speak about Syrian television without evoking Najdat isamail anzour which is one of the most famous men of Arab television.
- Sabah Fakhri
- Asala Nasri
- Sites Syritou
|Random links:||Championships of the world of Alpine skiing 1950 | Republic of Alsace-Lorraine | Mitteldeutschen Basketball Clubs | Jean-Thomas Nordmann | Russulales|