Crosne (the Essonne)
Its inhabitants is called Crosnois.
Member of the the Community of agglomeration of the Valley of Yerres, created in 2002.
GeographyCrosne is located at the North-East of the department (with the limit with the the Valley-of-Marne), crossed by the Yerres. The city touches Yerres (in the east), Montgeron (in the south), Valenton and Villeneuve-Saint-Georges (the Valley-of-Marne, in north and the west). It belongs to the Paris and its suburbs. It is served by the Gare of Montgeron - Crosne of the line of the RER D2.
HistoryCrosne was born in 1234, date on which it separates from Villeneuve-Saint-Georges. It is then a modest village which belongs to the goods of the Abbaye of Saint-Germain-of-Meadows.
However, the site itself was populated as of the Neolithic time and the layout of secondary road 32, imposed by the geography of the edge of the surfaces flooded by Yerre, is lost in the mists of time. It, later, was borrowed by the Roman Voie of Auxerre from the Havre.
At the 15th century the seigniory of Crosne was constituted which with the French revolution belongs to the family of Brancas. At the beginning of the 16th century, first Sunday of July 1509, the church Notre-Dame de Crosne was dedicated by Jehan Nervet, bishop of Magarence. However certain parts of the church, in particular the corner columns of the chorus and the gate, seem to go with the twelfth or the thirteenth century.
Crosne was devastated by the war by twice:
- during the Sling, in 1652, when the troops of Turenne ran up against it against those of the Ducs of Lorraine and Cop;
- during the winter 1870 - 1871, whereas Paris was besieged by the German troops.
- Olivier the Deer, adviser of Louis XI, which had a property there;
- Boileau which, after having lost his/her mother in eleven months, was raised there by a nurse;
- of many family members Seignelay descendants of Colbert;
- Thiroux d' Arconville (1712-1789), president of room to the Parliament of Paris.
- Louis Thiroux de Crosne, which was the last general intendant of police force of the kingdom, guillotine in 1794.
- Anne-Charles Truck (1726-1783), born in Crosne it exerted medicine in Paris and was made a high reputation quickly there, so much so that it had to bleed Louis XV in his last disease. Its works, of which the most known remainder its " Test on the alimens " , recommend themselves as much by the elegance of the style as by their scientific value.
Lastly, Crosne gave its name to the Stachys affinis , labiée plant originating in the Japan, acclimatized by Auguste Paillieux and Désiré Wood.
The municipality, anxious to honor Crosnois famous, allotted in 1970 the Wood name Desired to the street of Wood, that of Auguste Paillieux to the way under the Madness when it was transformed into street and that of Thiroux d' Arconville with the new way which serves the “Park of Crosne”.
See tooCommon of the Essonne
- Official site of the Town of Crosne
- the gate of the General advice of the Essonne
|Random links:||Etienne Mimard | Tito Ortiz | Only | Rio Jari | Juf | Hannovre_(zone)|