See also: Creil (homonymy)
Creil is located at the South of Oise to approximately 55 km in the north of Paris near the towns of Chantilly and Senlis.
The city is crossed by Oise and is bordered in the east by the Forêt of Halatte, it is city carries Regional natural park.
The commune lays out of a important station, served very well (Paris/station of North 30 minutes).
Tuffs: underground houses dug in the rock; 1910 Louis Paul Carnavin lives one of these caves one calls it " cricri"
- Plessis Pommeraye, Be worth.
- Of " Craig ", rock (in Celtic language)
- " Criolum " it could be a question of Creil
- Vestiges : Object prehistoric and protohistoric; Roman epoch
- troglodytic Dwellings " Tufs"
- In 851 Charles the Bald person holds to with it assembled
- In 1197 Louis First Count de Clermont and of Blois in Creil a Charter of commune enacts instituting a council of city (6 elected officials for 1 year)
- Louis IX become holy Louis and lord of Creil remains there regularly.
- 1358 the city is ruined by the Anglos-Navarreses
- In 1375 Charles V acquires the seigniory of Creil
- Charles VI , king insane is kept in the castle of Creil
- 1567 the Protestants seize the city
- 1720 the city counts 700 inhabitants
- 1782 the Condé family sells the castle
- 1797 creation of an earthenware manufacture
- 1801 the brothers St-Cricq return the establishment péreint
- 1846 arrived of the Railroad
- 1837 creation of " the Montagne" old woman; one of the first zinc producers in the world in 1962.
- 1840 the faience manufacture rises in the place of current Municipal Parc it employs nearly 900 people
- 1866 construction of a working city " the city St-Médard"
- manufacture closes its doors in 1895 with the profit of Montereau
- 1935 creation of the Saxby factory specialized in the railway material
- In 1944 Gabriel Havez (resistant) becomes mayor; he leaves his place to Jean Biondi then after his death becomes again mayor
Basin Creillois : 100.000 inhabitants
Principal connections : Highways A 1; To 16; To 15; To 26.
Airport Roissy Charles de Gaulle at 30 minutes (A1) Airport of Beauvais Stripped at 30 minutes the SNCF : Park North at 30 minutes
Creil has a river port on the Oise. It is managed by the Chamber of commerce and of industry of Oise.
Zones of activity:
Steps of Oise :
Technological Park ALATA : 100 Hectares
ZAET : 22 Hectares
Field of Justice : 4 Hectares
Southern Oise Expansion :
Economic development agency of the agglomeration creilloise http://www.sud-oise-expansion.com/
Public economic service intended to take part in the development of the basin creillois
Tool: Economic Observatory (geographical Information system on line)
Followed evolution of fabric of companies:
Management of a purse of buildings
Followed companies having requested an intervention
Covered zones : GEP of the Bréthoise Valleys
Bailleval; Cauffry; Cramoisy; Creil; Laigneville; Maysel; Mogneville; Monchy Saint-Eloi; Montataire; Nogent on Oise; Rantigny; Rousseloy; Saint-Leu of Esserent; Saint-Maximin; Saint-Vaast Mello; Thiverny; Villers Saint-Paul; Verderonne.
Places and monuments
- the Air base of Creil
- the Museum Galle-July
House built in 1788 on part of the remainders of the castle of Charles V.
the castle (rebuilt by Charles V in 1374)
- the Saint M3edard's Day church (rebuilt very often)
- the Kiosk or temple of love (18th century)
- the town hall (inaugurated on June 7th, 1903)
- the theater (1882) become cinema-theater (1926)
A Theater " Faïencerie" : http://www.fa ïencerie-theater.com/
the pacifist War memorial presents an allegorical sculpture representation of Peace with an inscription: peace appearing with humanity .
3 colleges and their gymnasia: Michelet; Rousseau; Cut
General sports rooms: Camus; Salengro (and stage cycle-racing track); Descartes; Gerard de Nerval
Plain of plays: Saint-Romain wood; Champ de Mars
Public swimming pool
Personalities related to the communethe Municipal council
Mayor : Christian Grimbert- 1st Assistant : Jean Claude Villemain
Assistant : Gallia Basmaison (Childhood and school life) Nicole Capon (Social action) Daniele Sokolonski (Town planning) Daniele Carlier (Communication) Philippe Machu (Culture and community life) Gilles Seguin (mediation Prevention) Jean-Claude Cabaret (Sport) Georges Lorthiois (Work) Habib Kchok (Great project of city)
elected Advisers :
Mathilde Boukhelif (youth) Stimulating council of Rouher district
Anne Marie February (Projects of district)
Corinne Manfroid (selective Collection)
Eric Montès (green Roadway system-Spaces)
Max Frémine (Coordination of the Councils of district) Organizer of the Council of district Left bank
Rajah Naoua (Reception early childhood) Stimulating of the council of district of Undermined
Mariette Bocquet (Pensioners and Elderly)
- Jean Anciant, honorary Mayor, former deputy PS of Creil
- Christian Grimbert, Mayor since 2001 (Socialist party), President of the Community of Communes of the Agglomeration Creilloise (CAC), decided for Yes with the European Constitution in 2005.
- Jean-Claude Villemain, 1st Mayor-ajoint, General adviser of the canton of Creil-south and Vice President of the General advice (Socialist party) decided for Not with the European Constitution in 2005.Il is substitute for the outgoing deputy (PS) of the district of Creil-South
- Abdel Kader Boutbal (elected CREIL moving)
- Danielle Sokolonski (elected PS),
- Serge Bernard-Luneau (elected PS)
- Eric Montès (elected PRG, regional adviser of Picardy)
- Guilhem Ricalens, chief of the municipal opposition (UMP), principal private secretary of the mayor of Sevres (78)
- Philippe Machu (mayor-assistant, militant association, various left)
- Paul Cesbron (elected PCF), Gallia Basmaison; Habib Kchok (Mayor-Assistants introduced by PCF), Rajah Naoua (related municipal adviser PCF) which will be substitute for the Communist candidate to legislative of 2007 on the district of Creil-south.
- Jean-Paul Legrand (responsible creillois for PCF, elected local official of 1983 to 1995, current principal private secretary of the mayor of Montataire)
- Annie Lamarre (elected Green)
- Dominique Madelin (Green elected official)
- Roland Szpirko (militant LO, former elected local official of Creil)
- the group of rap Alliance Ethnik, originating in Creil, whose first concerts took place with Creil in June 1990.
- Jean-Louis Thuillier (1757-1822), French botanist.
- , agglomeration of 80.000 inhabitants
- , district of approximately 80.000 inhabitants who joins together the towns of Nelson and Kolne as well as ten villages
Station of Creil
- Common of Oise
Official site of the town of Creil
- Site of the radio of Creil (Radio operator FMC)
Creil on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Creil on the site of INSEE
- Creil on the site of Quid
- Localization of Creil on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Creil on Mapquest
|Random links:||Polyphase state | Storting | Rodenstock | Altes Museum | Maher Charif|