Courrières is a common French, located in the department of the Pas-de-Calais and the area Nord-Pas-de-Calais. It belongs to the Communauté of agglomeration of Hénin-Carvin which gathers 14 common , that is to say 125 000 inhabitants. Its inhabitants is called Courriérois.
In the middle of the mining bassier, Courrières is in the vicinity immediate of Lens (14 km), Arras (29 km) and Lille (34 km) thanks to an important highway network. It is enclosed on three sides by the channel of Lens and the channel of High the Deûle.
The history of the area remains marked by a mining Catastrophe improperly called Catastrophe of Courrières , by reference in the name of the mining company concerned. This dramatic accident made 1099 dead the March 10th 1906. It was not held on the territory courriérois but on that of the communes of Billy-Montigny, Méricourt and Sallaumines.
Places and monuments
Church: classification by decree of January 5th, 1942
Information resulting from: Databases Ministry for the culture
Personalities related to the commune
Among the celebrities originating in Courrières, one can speak about:
Like a great number of communes of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Courrières has a cultural life and associative rather animated. Thus, one can find there two harmonies inherited the time of the mines: the Harmonie Union Makes the Force and the Harmonie Hilariter.
- Common of the Pas-de-Calais
- Carboniferous Mines of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- Site of the town hall of Courrières
- I.L.T.V local Television channel
- Courrières on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Courrières on the site of INSEE
- Courrières on the site of Quid
- Localization of Courrières on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Courrières on Mapquest
|Random links:||Asteroide de la Cercano-Tierra | James Clerk Maxwell | Abamectine | Wilco | Simonne Monet-Chartrand | Spirit White|