Its inhabitants is called Courneuvien () S.
GeographyCourneuve is a commune of the Plaine of France located in northern outskirts of the city of Paris, industrialized as of the 19th century because of the presence of several railways.
With its marshy ground, it was bathed by the Croult, small flowing river of the the Seine transformed at the beginning of the XXe century into mainly rain sewer, and which regularly flooded the city at the time of its risings. Busée and buried, it is planned to discover it.
- in the district of Saint-Denis:
in the District of Bobigny (even department):
Districts of Courneuve
The district of the Four roadsMarket-gardening old working , the sector was always a crossroads, between the road of Bondy to Saint-Denis (in the current axis of the tram) and the road of Paris towards Flandres. The latter was a Roman Voie in the current site of the limit between Drancy and Courneuve, street Maurice Lachâtre, then this North-South axis moved on the current axis of the national 2. In addition to one inn, it is the arrival of a first lampblack factory which reinforced the demographic pressure, which led the town hall to decide in 1913 the construction of the current school Paul Doumer. Although this one was inaugurated only in 1924 because of the war and delay in the payment of the subsidies, its only project started a large wave of constructions of allotments between current the street Rateau, Maurice Lachâtre and Jean Jaurès, of which many masonries in the style still visible Art déco in the district.
Located all at the east of the city, the district is very well served by transport in commun runs. One finds there the terminus of the subway line 7: Courneuve - May 8th, 1945, the tram and several buses: 152,173,609 ab and 607 ab. The four roads also have an open market Tuesday, Fridays and Sunday morning. The parking is subjected since the beginning of January 2007 to a limited time (1h30) of the Monday to Saturday (Restricted parking zone).
Old industrial district at the beginning of the 20th century, it was désindustrialisé in the years 1970-1990 to make place with dwellings. To date, one can still see the old buildings of the factories in particular in the Administrative Center of the city. One can find in this district, the Town hall of Courneuve, the services Administrative, the Library…
The district of the Six roads
In the west of the city, between the city of the 4000 and Saint-Denis, this not very homogeneous district gathers the buildings of companies HLM deprived in the north of the round not of the Six Roads, block of houses around the residence of the Park and the old habitat between the trunk road and the district of the Fields.
To the 4000, the urban renewal starts in the middle of the years 1980 with the demolition of the Debussy bar and the construction of the Orme district Alone in the place. June 8th, 2000, the Renoir bar was demolished. June 23rd, 2004, it is with the turn of the bars Ravel and Présov to fall. Instead of demolished bars, urban projects are born. For two urban projects (“Fields” and “4000 North”), the inhabitants resulting from these districts take part in urban workshops of work and vote on the final choice of the jury.
The roundabout of the Six Roads is the crossroads formed by the crossing of the Trunk road 301 (street Pasteur/street Salengro), the Trunk road 186 (street of Convention/street of Saint-Denis) and secondary road 30 (avenue of the Leclerc general/street Henri Barbusse). The station of tram Six-Roads gives access to several correspondence of bus.
The Residence of the Park is a whole of dwellings which gathers inhabitants easier historically than the average of Courneuviens, near a shopping mall Maxidiscompte, of some trade and a high-rise office building occupied in particular by a mutual insurance . To a few hundred meters, beyond the highway notched joint the departmental park of the sports of Marville. A small enclave at the edge of the street Salengro shelters some old buildings, including one old mill with wheel formerly actuated by the Croult: the Fayvon Mill. It was restored and decorated by the American contemporary artist Monte Laster. Its decoration is itself very appraisal of the magazines of decoration.
The district of the StationThe urban project of the station aims at transforming a district left into waste lands in a true district of life around the station, in a refitted public space, with nearly 1000 m ² of trade, 83 residences, a residence coed of 223 rooms and a residence of elderly and the arrival of new equipment like the establishment of the Files of the Foreign affairs.
It is a question of creating a true district of life around the station to attenuate the cut of the highway A86 and to prepare the reconversion of the unused industrial sites.
Started again by the nearest arrival of the Files, the project will make it possible to improve comfort of the inhabitants and the reception of the users of the RER: front, it is in waste lands that they were found on the outlet side of the train. Tomorrow, it is downtown that they will move by leaving the station, in an inhabited district, equipped with trade and structured by a refitted public space.
Foreign affairsThe building site of a building designed by the architect Henri Gaudin to accommodate the files of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs began with the autumn 2006 on an old railway ground.
Delivered in July 2008, this site of more than 27.000 m ² will include/understand a room of reading and the spaces dedicated to the exposures and seminars.
This realization which lies within the scope of the project of urban refitting of the district of the station, should undoubtedly consolidate the scientific and historical pole of Plaine Commune, with the creation of the pole of the Public records with Pierrefitte-sur-Seine.
The city of the 4000 Implosion : http://www.dailymotion.com/MOULINOX/video/x14l3h_les-4000 August 1st The construction of the City of the 4000 began in March 1956, in the fields of the architects Clément Tambuté and Henri Delacroix. These residences depend then on the Town of Paris.
In 1971, " according to the calculation of the police force, the city of the " 4000" count: 17.000 inhabitants including 10.800 of metropolitan origin, 5500 repatriates of North Africa including 2800 Jews, 500 North-Africans and 200 foreigners of nationalities diverses".
It is only into 1984 that the Town of Paris yields with Courneuve the City of the 4000, thus allowing the reappropriation by the municipality of this district, and, on February 18th, 1986, the rehabilitation of the district begin with the implosion from the Debussy bar.
The name of the Courneuve of Latin “curia nova” or “curtis nova”, new field, referred to the colonists that Suger, Abbot of Saint-Denis, installed on this territory.
In 1896 , the common one still has a significant agricultural activity, since 700 hectares are cultivated there, in particular for market-gardening cultures , but the industrial activity is already significant: in particular an ornamental ironwork and manufactures of mechanical netting occupies 150 workmen and a cotton dyeing occupies 50 workmen and workers. The borough is inhabited by 1789 inhabitants. The habitat then consists of 576 houses (including 78 of two stages and 26 of more than two stages), that is to say 515 residences, to which 23 workshops and 35 stores or shops are added
In 1923, President Poincaré decorated the commune with the Military Cross and quoted it with the order of the army following the catastrophe of the Courneuve of March 15th, 1918, where fifteen million grenades, stored in the military deposit of the road of Flandres, explodes, making 24 dead and of many casualties.
Big industry with Courneuve (1850-1950)
In 1863, the Rigal company is installed on old the road of Flanders. It manufactures Noir of smoke. It is the first industrial activity of Courneuve. The company will be bought in 1935 by the city, the buildings demolished and the site transformed into public garden. The fun fair of the Four-Roads will be held 1944 to with it with 1960.
The creation of important industries develops on large scales starting from 1885, such as Rateau , (vapor and gas turbines) in 1904, A. Johnson and wire (machine tools) in 1907 or Mécano (cutting tools) in 1914. But it is the war of 1914-1918 which will juxtapose, to the vegetable plain, an enormous industrial park, while being based on the passage of the railroad.
Courneuve is then a high place of the national industry, which will undergo full whip the disindustrialization of the Ile-de-France of the Années 1970 - 1990.
The Second world warUnder the German occupation, the trade unionists form the base of a Résistance activates, with in particular Suzanne Masson; the August 15th 1944, an attack makes it possible resistant to recover a truck of machine-guns, used by FFI.
The city is the target of several bombardments combined in 1943, but especially in August 1944. The April 12th, a bombardment makes 11 dead; the August 10th, an attack targeting a German gasoline depot makes 8 dead and destroys hundreds of dwellings (123 completely, 350 partially).
Administrative statusThe Canton of Courneuve is represented, at the general advice of the Seine-Saint-Denis, by Stephan Troussel.
List successive mayors
|- |colspan=" 4" align=" center" bgcolor=" #f3fff3" |
Courneuve is a city anchored on the left (64% for Ségolène Royal in 2007), very identified to the Communist party, in particular since the behavior of the Festival of Humanity in the vicinity. However, PCF did not dominate there the political life as in other cities bordering since the city had a mayor SFIO with the Release. Then Rene Lehut again demolished PCF with an alliance of the SFIO, MRP and PCF dissidents. It is only into 1953 that PCF took again the town hall with a list entitled " Socialist party unifié" (without relationship with the future PSU of Michel Rocard), then its own name with Jean Houdremont and James Marson. The union of the left was maintained with however a rebalancing with the profit of the Socialist party starting from the 2002 (22% with Lionel Jospin compared with 10% with Robert Hue in 2002) then loss of the canton in 2004 and the 3rd district in 2007.
Other authoritiesSince 1998 of the “Committees of the vicinities”, then the local Council of youth, the “Meetings Courneuve 2010”, the Council of Wise (for the seniors), of the Workshops of Urbain Work takes part in the outline of a participative democracy.
In 2004, one counted 14.213 employment on the city and 766 companies of the private sector. If the inhabitants of the city are rather poor, the city itself has of a considerable tax potential with an industrial park with horse on the city and Le Bourget and the diffuse establishments in the city. However, several large companies closed Babcock, Meccano, Champagnole… when others strongly reduced their manpower (Alstom-Rake). Among the principal ones: the site of congestion of Orangina, KDI (metallurgy), conveyer UPS, the group of Paprec recycling, industry group CNIM…
Main roadsCourneuve is served by the A1 and A86, as well as the trunk roads 2, 186 and 301.
The City is a terminus of the line: Courneuve - May 8th, 1945 --- Town hall of Ivry or Villejuif - Louis Aragon, who serves the district of the “Four roads”.
The RER station “Courneuve-Aubervilliers” serves the district of “the Station” and the “4000”.
The city is also traversed by several lines of bus: .
Within the framework of the project Tangential North, a station will be creates with Courneuve-Dugny
Sites, places and monuments
- Saint-Yves Church of the Four-Roads, built in the fields of the architects Bridet and Robert, within the framework of the Work of the Building sites of the Cardinal , who was intended to carry out churches in the lately urbanized districts which were deprived of catholic places of worship.
Church Lucien Saint. The church of the 12th century having been destroyed by the Huguenot S, it was rebuilt in 1580 and is consisted a building with three naves. A crypt preserves Sarcophage S Mérovingiens
- Musée of the vegetable cultures present since 1982 the farm holdings of the city as well as the market-gardening farming techniques of full field, in an old farm, 11, rue de l'Abreuvoir - Tel.: 01 48 36 39 60
the Parc of Courneuve comes to the 3rd rank from the green areas from the Paris region from its size, with a surface of 400 ha, after the Bois de Boulogne (1000 ha) and the Bois of Vincennes (850 ha).
Personalities of the city
Jacques Nikonoff: former workman in the city, former president of ATTAC.
- Andre Lajoinie: former candidate of the PCF to the presidential election of 1988.
- Amel Bent: singer revealed by the television program the Nouvelle Star. It took its first courses of song to the Maison of the People Guy-Moquet .
- Shirley : humorist who made his classes with the Maison of the People Guy-Moquet .
- Matt Moussilou, attacker of Marseilles
- Yohan Gouffran, footballer
- Marc Perrone: accordionist
- Alibi Montana: rappor of Haitian origin, which lived 18 years with Courneuve
- Kamel Ouali: choreographer passed his childhood to the courneuve and takes his first step of dance to the Center Jean Houdremont
- Fred Musa: planet rap organizer on skyrock, it was in hand with the college G.Politzer
OthersThe city shelters the club of American football Flash, Casque of diamond 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2007; vice-champion 1998 of the Eurobowl.
- Common of the Seine-Saint-Denis
Notes, sources and references
|Random links:||Blossius Aemilius Dracontius | Cassaro | Alvaro Galindo | Sergio Flamigni | Westerkerk | Comté_de_gallatine,_Kentucky|