Countryside of the virgin lands
Initiated as of the end of the year 1920, but primarily launched by the central committee of PCUS in 1953-1954, under the presidency of Nikita Khrouchtchev. Between 1953 and 1958, the surface cultivated in Soviet Union passed from 9,7 to 28,7 Mha, the annual harvest from 332 to 1343 million books. Y took part, inter alia, 250.000 members of Communist youths, 23.000 soldiers, and of the quantities of volunteers…
The consequences in terms of modernization of infrasructures, town planning and the industre were certainly very positive, but the erosion of the grounds caused by the strong winds of the north of Kazakhstan reduced to nothing most of the effort by carrying the fertile layer of immense territories.
The town of Tselinograd (of the Russian , целина (tselina) = virgin lands and град (grad) = city), which became capital today republic of the Kazakhstan under the name of Astana, developed at the time like principal urban center of support of this countryside.
|Random links:||Germinate | Brian Yuzna | Ali Gherib | County of Lhari | MPC Capitals Groningue | Sartrouville_(SNCF)|