Events of 1086
- Arab princes of Spain, among which Abad III of Seville, threatened by Alphonse VI of Castille, call upon the almoravide Yussuf Ibn Tashfine.
- October 23rd: Battle of Sagrajas, victory of the Almoravides over the Castilians with Sagrajas (Zalaca), in the province of Badajoz. Ibn Tashfine includes the Arab emirates of Spain in its conquests of North Africa. The Castilians are driven back in the north of the Tage. The quota Juif, which held the left wing of king de Castille, would have been massacred initially by Almoravides (“ battles of the yellow turbans )”.
- the chief of the Almoravides wants to force the Juifs Lucène with conversion. It gives up it against a money large sum.
- After its victory, Ibn Tashfine returns to Africa to go to request on the tomb of his/her son who has just died.
Consequences for Al-Andalus
This period puts an end to the time taifas.
Between 1142 and 1147, Taïfa S (local potentates) are positioned back consequently to the crumbling of the capacity in the Empire almoravide.
Consequences for Reconquista
It should be awaited Almohades so that the Christian kingdoms are linked. Dissensions persist between the sovereigns, who mark a pause in Reconquista to assimilate the steps cut on the territories in the previous time.
Events of 1147In the Maghreb, the Almohades under Abd Al-Mumin, wire of Ibn Tumart, assassinate the last chief Almoravide with Marrakech and make their capital of it.
- Alphonse Ier of Portugal benefits from the decline of the Almoravides, takes Lisbon and Santarem (with the assistance of a anglo-Flemish fleet travelling towards the Middle East) and consolidates its kingdom.
1236 : The Christians seize Cordoue after having advanced until Grenade.
- the pope extends the privileges of the crusade (indulgence) to the Spaniards who took Almeria.
See tooFollowing period: Conquest almohade
|Random links:||Kobus ellipsiprymnus | Sarsina | Elmwood-Transcona | Fury de Muskegon | Florence Servan-Schreiber | Ronald_Koeman|