PhilosophyOne names concept a Idée or Représentation of the Esprit which shortens and summarizes a multiplicity of empirical or mental Objet S by Abstraction and generalization of identifiable common features. The process is similar so that one names in Informatique a compression (possibly with losses ).
- It is indicated in the Langage by a Terme which indicates it: the concept is named Signifié , the term indicating it is named Meaning .
- There exist several designs relating to the statute of existence of the concept. Are this statute is central for all Philosophie, not only in the field of the Connaissance (how formed the concepts? does the concept indicate a gasoline? etc), but also in the field of the Morale (can one prove Lois of the Morale according to concepts? which is the origin of the concept of well? etc). According to Gilles Deleuze, philosophy is defined as the creation of concepts, and not as the passive contemplation of the things or the simple reflection.
- Here fundamental conceptual statutes:
- Idealism or realism of the understandable one;
- Realism itself;
- concepts like Category S of the Understanding: to see Kant
Research in cognitive psychology has, since a few tens of years, survey part of the veil on the report/ratio of the concepts to knowledge, in particular through the language (see also Psycholinguistique).
- a concept is thus information on the world which is formed of association with other information. For example, the concept of “canary” will cumulate at least those of “yellow”, “bird” and “small” (see networks of concepts in Informatique, will infra ).
- the concepts resort obviously to the language but are associated with other types of information, like odors or images.
- Of recent research showed besides that distinct neurological substrates existed for concepts with material referent (e.g.: tree) and those with abstract referent (e.g.: assumption).
Jean-Pierre Changeux then explains in his book the neuronal man that the concepts are articulated initially on Percept S, then between them. There it joined ideas put forward in Philosophie by Locke and Hume.
By extension (and, according to some, by abuse), one indicates like concept any more or less innovative commercial idea: decoration just like the basic commercial idea, of a trade frankness; the Design and the function of an object are sometimes indicated like a concept. This use is disputed: “Of test in test, philosophy would face rivals more and more insolents, increasingly calamitous, that Plato himself would not have imagined in his most comic moments. Lastly, the bottom of shame was reached when data processing, publicity, marketing, the design seized the word concept itself, and said it is our business, it is us the creative ones, we are the originators It is us the friends of the concept, we put it in our computers” (Gilles Deleuze, what philosophy? , re-examined Dreams, n° May 8th, th and th 1990)
A concept because is a prototype of Véhicule Automobile conceived and carried out by a manufacturer to test and show ideas, without inevitably that there is an intention of series production and marketing thereafter.
Within the framework of a Network of concepts (also named semantic network), a concept is a whole of nodes strongly bound and activated simultaneously. Thus, when nodes entitled réseau, neurons, Widrow, Kohonen, and Hoff are in a network of concepts , one can suppose that they form a concept different from that formed by Markov, caché, HMM, although the node réseau can also belong to the concept network of Markov hidden . This provided that the network of concepts were conceived with a view to associate close symbols conceptually .
A Album-concept ( concept album ) is a collection of Musique of which the pieces and Chanson S, instead of being independent, are dependant between them by a topic or a history, such as for example the opera S Rock.
- “of similar moments, on only one word pronounced in convenient time depends sometimes a whole life, but people do not know anything and they are crushed the ones the others - sometimes in the name of the ideals - in the marsh of distorted reality, deformed by a net of forgery concepts thrown on it. Reality lets escape its quintessence under the influence from the concepts . But it is quality of those which the fact depends that it will be a poison or most nutritive of the vitamins. ” (Stanislaw Ignacy Witkiewicz, Inassouvissement , Paris, the Age of Man, 1970, p. 69)
- “To form concepts , it is a manner of living and not of killing the life; it is a way of living in a relative mobility and not an attempt to immobilize the life; it is to express, among this billion alive which informs their medium and is informed from him, an innovation that one will judge as one will want, negligible or considerable: a quite particular type of information. on the most fundamental level of the life, the plays of the code and decoding leave room to a risk which, before being disease, deficit or monstrosity, is something like a disturbance in the informative system, something like a “mistake”. In extreme cases, the life - from there its radical nature - it is what is capable of error. And if it is admitted that the concept , it is the answer which the life itself gave to this risk, it should be been appropriate that the error is the root of what makes the human thought and its history. The opposition of truth and the forgery, the values which one lends to the one and the other, the effects to be able that the various companies and the various institutions bind to this division, all that is perhaps only the latest answer to this possibility of intrinsic error to the life. ” (Michel Foucault, “life: the experiment and science”, Said and written , T. 4, Paris, Gallimard, 1994, p. 774-775)
- Conceptual art
- cognitive Processes
- Gilles Deleuze: brought the idea of conceptual Personnage
- Liste of the concepts of philosophy
- Concepts ethical metaphysics
- NSM (Natural Semantic Metalanguage, French article)
- ''' What a concept? '''
|Random links:||County of Dalhem | Cytaphérèse | Anja Silja | Derog Gioura | Puressence|