Company of the mines of Aniche
Marquis de TraisnelMay 11th, 1745, Claude-Constant Juvénal d' Harville of Ursins, known as the Marquis de Traisnel is with the Bataille of Fontenoy, then with the seats of the cities and citadels of Tournai, Dendermonde, Audenarde and Ath. In 1773, the marquis de Traisnel, lord of Villers-with-Hillock, Bugnicourt, and Fressain, founds “the association of the Pits of Villers-with-Hillock”, which will become the “Company of the Mines of Aniche”. A Traisnel pit was located at Aniche Rue Elie fendali just in limitre with Bruille-lez-Marchiennes with the beginning of the year 1980 the spoil heap was evacuated and the stopped well. He is also the godfather by procuration of Claude Corbineau
FournetEngineer left the 3Ecole Nationale Sup3erieure of the mines of Saint-Etienne, Mr. Fournet since 1835 directs the production. This one starts by closing the first 6 wells open to Aniche which prove not very productive. They were the wells co. Catherine, St Hyacinthe, St Mathias, St Waast, co. Beard and of two other wells.
Emile VUILLEMINEmile Vuillemin young a 23 year old engineer resulting also from the 3Ecole Nationale Sup3erieure of the mines of Saint-Etienne is named director of the production in 1845 and replaces FOURNET. This one will mark the history of the Company during its 50 years of reign. Its name is always carried by the square of Vuillemin pit to Masny
the company of the mines of Aniche had on its territory 46 mine shafts. All the data below come from the Town hall of Auberchicourt and checks made on the ground.
Aglaé Air shaftwith Auberchicourt, 1798 - 1800. This pit remained open only during two years. It is acted in fact of the digging of the well without coal mining, from where the name of Air shaft.
Aoustat Aniche, 1836 - 1871. On the site of this pit a hangar is, and, on the spoil heap (n° 132) the dechettery of Aniche was installed.
Archbishopat Aniche, 1854 - 1969. It is the pit having more the long life of exploitation of the company. beside its well is the Spoil heap Archbishop (n° 217)
Barroiswith Pecquencourt Well n° 1 : 1927 - 1985 Wells n° 2 : 1928 - 1985
Bernardwith Expense-Marsh, 1911 - 1960. The whole of the buildings except that of the rest (already destroyed) was demolished with the beginning of the year 2007.
Bernicourtwith Waziers Well n° 1 Air shaft : 1866 - 1972 Wells n° 2 : 1872 - 1901 The first well having had a problem of flood in 1972, a second was dug the same year to replace it. The mine definitively closed its doors in 1901 because of a fire in the galleries which was propagated with the coal veins.
Bonnelwith Lallaing Well n° 1 : 1913 - 1985 Wells n° 2 : 1914 - 1985
Dechywith Dechy Well n° 1 : 1860 - 1979 Wells n° 2 : 1898 - 1978
Déjardinwith Sin-the-Noble Well n° 1 : 1901 - 1985 Wells n° 2 : 1901 - 1985
Delloyewith Lewarde Well n° 1 : 1911 - 1971 Wells n° 2 : 1927 - 1971 It is at the pithead of this pit that in 1982 the Mining Historical center opened All the installations were preserved.
De Sessevallewith Somain Well n° 1 : 1901 - 1970 Wells n° 2 : 1905 - 1970 On the site of this pit, located at the North of Somain, exists now an industrial park, even if for the moment there is only one company. The schists were rejected on the Spoil heap of Rieulay (Spoil heap n° 144)
Fénélonat Somain, 1847 - 1925. Located at the extreme south of Somain, in the thicket close to the Road of Douai.
Gayantin Waziers Well n° 1 : 1852 - 1978 Wells n° 2 : 1907 - 1978
Peace Air shaftin Auberchicourt 1815 - 1817. The well the Hope succeeded to him. It was in the vicinity immediate.
the Rebirthin Somain, 1839 - 1890, located on the Industrial Park of the same name, its well is not stopped on its first 40 meters of depth, except on the level of the ground by a concrete flagstone.
Lemayin Pecquencourt Well n° 1 : 1912 - 1985 Wells n° 2 : 1912 - 1985
the Hopein Auberchicourt, 1817 - 1850, it replaced the Air shaft Peace.
Notre-Damein Waziers Well n° 1 : 1856 - 1978 Wells n° 2 : 1905 - 1978
Well-of-Middaywith Sin-the-Noble, 1947 - 1973. Open pit after the Nationalization. Its lining was carried out entirely out of reinforced concrete.
Roucourtwith Roucourt Well n° 1 : 1875 - 1959 Wells n° 2 : 1875 - 1959
Sébastopolwith Erchin, 1904 - 1961. The whole of the buildings (except the rest destroys quite front) was demolished in 2004. With 300m in the south of this pit, was the n° 2 of the Compagnie of the mines of Azincourt.
co. Beardin Aniche, 1786 - 1850, its well is located just beside the well St Waast
co. Catherineat Aniche, 1777 - 1840. Nowadays, it is on the old site of the Boussois glassmaking
St Hyacintheat Aniche, 1793 - 1840
St Laurentat Aniche, 1779 - 1786
St Louisfor Somain, 1843 - 1925, this pit accounts on the Industrial Park the Rebirth, just with the foot of the small conical spoil heap St Louis, n° 126. This last was partly exploited.
co. Mariein Auberchicourt Well n° 1 : 1857 - 1969 Wells n° 2 : 1907 - 1969
St Mathiasat Aniche, 1777 - 1840
St Renewith Guesnain Well n° 1 : 1866 - 1969 Wells n° 2 : 1899 - 1969
co. Thereseat Aniche, 1779 - 1786
St Waastin Aniche, 1786 - 1840, pit being located just beside the well co. Beard.
Traisnelat Aniche, 1848 - 1852. Nowadays, the Store Not P is located on its site.
Vuilleminwith Masny, 1891 - 1971
20 Spoil heaps
Here the spoil heaps located on the grounds of the Company, some are intact, others were exploited and do not exist any more or partly. See also the Classification of the Spoil heaps of the H.B.N.P.C.. This classification of the spoil heaps was carried out following the Nationalizations of Collieries.
These surveys are not easily recognizable, they are very often announced by a yellow metal beacon. Their goal was to seek coal veins to create new wells.
See tooClassification of the Spoil heaps of the H.B.N.P.C.
|Random links:||Ivo Sanader | Sitka | Masaaki Hatsumi | Cherry brandy | The Mystery of Edwin Drood | Kapital_(journal)|