The college Saint-Michel is a French-speaking college of Istanbul.
HistoryThe history of the college is rather complex because he is the heir to three scolaires.
establishments In September 1886, the Brothers of the Christian schools opened in Péra, not far from the college Galatasaray, a half-boarding school replacing that which the large fire of 1870 had destroyed. This new establishment took the name of Saint-Michel.
Frère Jonathan, who was the director until 1903, wanted that “its teaching embraces all the literary, scientific and commercial studies of the similar establishments of France, and is appropriate to young people especially intending itself for administrative, commercial or industrial careers”. In fact, the programs of studies, open on the life and directly preparing the young people to specific careers, force the admiration.
In 1896, in the north of the city, in the district of Feriköy, calmer than that of Péra, the Brothers made build a school placed under the patronage of Midsummer's Day Chrysostome. This establishment of primary school education, primary education-superior and commercial elementary knew a rapid rise and counted 180 pupils in 1912. But there remained open only until in 1914.
In 1921, finally, the shortly after the First World War, the Brother visitor Guilder, man of North, energetic and undertaking, made build, more or less on the site of the school Midsummer's Day Chrysostome, a vaster building and well ordered, better also equipped, which became the college Holy-Jeanne d' Arc. Teaching was done there until in class of third, and the pupils could complete their modern secondary studies with the Saint-Michel college of Péra or the college Saint-Joseph de Kadiköy. They could also choose to contribute to be allowed at the commercial Institute, initially installed with Saint-Joseph, then transferred to Holy-Jeanne d' Arc in 1923.
In 1936, a law has constrained the schools opened by foreigners to close their classes of primary school education. Several small schools have of this disappeared fact and others, whose Saint-Michel of Péra which received the children as of the 6 years age, knew a major reduction in their effectifs.
The Saint-Michel college then left the boxed and noisy sector of Péra to come to settle in the buildings of the college Holy-Jeanne d' Arc with Feriköy. Fusion of these two establishments was born the current college Saint-Michel (1937).
In 1956, for reasons various and difficult to explain here, the Superiors of the Brothers decided to close the classes of the second cycle. They were reopened in 1970, at the same time as acceptor from now on the young girls, Saint-Michel became the first mixed college among the French schools of Istanbul.
Since 1976, the direction of the college was not entrusted any more to Brothers. But the laic directors had and have still the concern of continuing the educational task undertaken by the Brothers founders, with the service of the Turkish youth which chose to learn French to be formed.
Educational projectThe teaching project of the private College free-Turkish Saint-Michel falls under the educational project of the Institute of the Brothers, which founded this establishment in 1886 and continues to ensure the tutelle.
of it At Saint-Michel, Management and the pedagogical teams are given like mission and objective to train future balanced adults, responsible, citizens and opened in the world.
- Balances, by an education with the self-control, which makes it possible to learn how to dominate the passion and impulsive reactions, like being able to know to take retreat compared to the circumstances, with the events and the facts.
- Responsible, by an education with autonomy, the choice and decision making. The acquisition of autonomy, knowledge " to learn with apprendre" , allows the pupils, become adult, to remain capable of adaptation continuous to any evolution, technological or economic, of the career or profession whose they knew to make the choice. To be able also of initiatives, of decisions, according to objectives which they will have known to provide and to fix themselves.
- Citizens and opened in the world, by an education with the respect:
- respect of the institutions of the Turkish Republic, by a study and a reflection led through the courses of history;
- respect of others, with this concern of inculcating its recognition, even if it is very young, like a person being entitled to the affection, the compassion, charity so necessary, and with the expression of its or its differences;
- respect of the environment and of the framework of life, which are divided with the others;
- self-respect finally, which makes the young person able to refuse too many degrading temptations of the current society, and to preserve its dignity in any circumstance.
All is implemented at the College Saint-Michel to try to live in conformity with what Saint Jean Baptiste of Lasalle at the 17th century thus expressed in connection with the pupils: " let us make them happy to return them meilleurs" … each one according to its personality, in company and in all the fields.
|Random links:||Down in Albion | Dam Karkamış | Maurice Alhoy | FK Rad Belgrade | Dam Bir Mcherga | Liste_de_gouvernements_britanniques|