See also: Mendès France (homonymy)
The college is located in the district of Mutuelleville, in the North-East of Tunis, on an arborised hill. Located at 9, rue Pierre-Mendès-France, it forms a school complex with the École Marie-Curie and the École Robert-Desnos. He is affectionately called PMF or Mutu by his pupils.
HistoryIn the beginning, this ground of 4,5 Hectare S is occupied by apartment buildings for the personnel of the French gendarmerie. October 1st 1956, France repurchases this space in order to make an appendix of the Carnot college of it located at the center of Tunis. The layout of the premises allows the installation of sports grounds in Terrasse S.
From 1956 to 1982 develop to with it the tertiary sections technical and professional preparing with various CAPE. It is in 1982 - year of the transfer of the Carnot college on the site of Mutuelleville - that manpower undergo a spectacular rise. The October 28th 1983, in the presence of François Mitterrand, President of the French Republic, and Habib Bourguiba, President of the Republic of Tunisia, the college is renamed in homage to the French politician Pierre Mendès France, craftsman of the autonomy of Tunisia in 1954.
FormationThe courses are exempted there in accordance with the programme of secondary studies of the French minister of education and to more than 2000 French, Tunisian pupils and other origins, sixth with the Terminale.
The dies proposed to the pupils are the dies scientist (Vat S), economic (Vat ES) and arts person (Vat L). Die STG is proposed only with the Lycée Gustave-Flaubert of Marsa.
The taught languages are the Arab , the English, the Spanish and the Italian . The international option of the baccalaureat is proposed as from the second with the pupils who wish to improve their control of the Arab language (6 hours of weekly courses against 3 a.m. for a usual Arabic course) and their knowledge of the Histoire, Géographie and economy of Tunisia (2 hours of course of history-geography in Arabic and 2 in French instead of the 3 hours of course usual).
The college Pierre-Mendès-France obtains each year among the best results with the French general baccalaureat, in proportion of admitted candidates, even if, in the capacity as French college abroad, it does not appear in the official classifications.
Famous professorsAugust 1st
InstallationsThe college Pierre-Mendès-France is organized in various buildings:
- the building ABC shelters, on 3 stages, of the classrooms, the room of the professors, a room of examinations (B23), the school life , the offices of the principal advisers of education, the room of permanence of the pupils of the first cycle and the housing of the headmaster-assistant
- building F-G-H shelters, on 3 stages, of the classrooms, the rooms of examinations (H11 and H12), the Information center and of information, the buildings of the administration (accountancy, secretariat, direction and careers advisers) and the housing of the headmaster
- the building D of sciences (Physics)
- the building E of Natural science (Biologie and Géologie) with the end of which is the school canteen
- the versatile room behind the building E
- the coil (in the old cafeteria of the pupils)
- the cafét' of the pupils, with terrace, tables garden and parasols (in the old hearth of the pupils)
- of the sports grounds (2 of Handball, 2 of Basket-ball, one covered with fine gravels for the race and several grounds of Volley-ball), a Mur of climbing (to the back building D) and a gymnasium
- Mr. Bastelica
- Mr. Keller
- Mr. Hiver
- Mr. Mondoloni
- Mr. Beau
- Mr. Fuchs
- Official site of the college
- Site of the General association of old of the college
- Site carried out by the old ones for old
- Another site old
- Seen college via the gate Google maps.
|Random links:||Ansible | Hydrogen | François Tosquelles | Galactic Civilizations | François of Paule of Spain | Automobile saddlery | Interneuron|