The code ICAO (or ICAO codes English ) is a code allotted by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO, or ICAO in English) to a Aérodrome, an air area, a Airline company, a type of Aéronef or a registration of aircraft.
Foot-note : the International association of air transport ( IATA in English) also allots codes for the airline companies and the Aéroport S. All the aerodromes do not have a code IATA; only the airports having commercial traffic are equipped with it.
- It is a code of four letters allotted to each aerodrome in the world. It is used by the air control or the operational centres of the airline companies, just as in the drafting of the flight plans or the log books of the personal flying personnel.
See also: Code list ICAO of the airports
code ICAO of each aerodrome is allotted according to a prefix dependant on its geographical location. Generally, the first letter indicates an area of the world, the second the country and the two last the aerodrome. In the largest countries, only the first letter indicates the country, the three last the aerodrome.
See also: List of the prefixes of codes ICAO of the airports
For example, all the codes of the aerodromes on the metropolitan French territory start with LF .
See also: List of the French aerodromes
Codes ICAO should not be confused with the codes AITA. However, for only the the continental United States, codes ICAO of the aerodromes are the same ones as codes AITA preceded by a K (K is the prefix of the United States).
- EBBR/EBMB - Airport of Brussels to Zaventem, Belgium
- LFPG - Airport Roissy-Charles de Gaulle with Paris, France
- RJBB - International airport of Kansai to Ōsaka, Japan
- Of the codes of four letters is also allotted to areas of information of flight, FIR ( Flight information area ).
- LFBB - FIR of Bordeaux
- LFFF - FIR of Paris
- LFEE - FIR of Rheims
- LFMM - FIR of Marseilles
- LFRR - FIR of Brest
Coding of airline company
- It is a code of three letters allotted to each commercial company of air transport. With the difference of the codes AITA, this code ICAO is single. Each air operator in parallel sees himself allotting an identifier for the radio communication.
See also: Code list ICAO of the airline companies
- ACA - Air Canada
- AFR - Air France
- SAB - Sabena
- RAM - Royal Air Maroc
- EMI - Emisphair (virtual company of the network IVAO)
- IDE - the USA (Independence air)
Coding of the aircraftThe ICAO is also responsible for systems of coding concerning the Aéronef S:
- Coding of the marks and models of aircraft, especially used in the flight plans, whatever the size of the apparatus:
- Coding of the registrations of the aircraft: each country has an alphanumeric prefix with which the registrations of the aircraft start systematically. This registration is also used in general aviation as call sign at the time of the communications with air control, the commercial aviation using, it, code ICAO of the airline companies followed by the number of vol.
See also: List of prefixes ICAO of registration of the aircraft
- Code list ICAO of the airline companies
- Code list ICAO of the airports
- List of the prefixes of codes ICAO of the airports
- List of prefixes ICAO of registration of the aircraft
- Code list for the marks and models of aircraft
|Random links:||List editors of video games | Relaciones exteriores de Chipre | Fetishism | Pasteurella | Wild Side | Alex Rodríguez (assembler) | Colline_de_carbone,_Alabama|