Cluster (town planning)
The cluster term indicates an urban unit, an urban block whose activities are homogeneous.
Example of cluster
- e.g.: a Central business district (CBD) such as Defense in Paris is a cluster. It is a district of business where activities of trade concentrate, it is different from the other neighbouring districts by its dominant activity.
The cluster in the cityThe term of cluster implies an idea of closing on the geographically close environment, being more open on others clusters sharing the same dominant activity.
- e.g.: The district of Defense in Paris maintains more relations with Manhattan or City that with Nanterre.
It occurs a phenomenon of dissociation with urban fabric near. That is impelled by the increasing specialization of urban spaces (workspace, spaces leisures, spaces rest…) which one attaches particular functionalities.
Formation of cluster (S)
- One indicates by clusterisation the process of construction of the clusters.
- One also speaks about Sectorisation or urban Fragmentation.
- world metropolitan Archipelago
- Central business district
- urban Fragmentation
- Clusterisation (town planning)
- Cluster (economy)
- urban Unit
- Segregation (social sciences)
|Random links:||1980-1985 The New Mix in One Go | Laure Sabardin | Rojas (partido) | Noisy | Meliorism | Turma_font_Balão_Mágico|