Its inhabitants are called Clamartois.
GeographyThe current city is made up of two parts, separated by the Bois from Clamart (sung by Georges Brassens): the Low-Clamart , historical center and the Petit-Clamart , with the recent urbanization, the fields of Garden pea having been replaced by cities in the Years 1960, place historically reminded to have been the site of most known of the attempts at attack against the person of the General de Gaulle by the partisans of the French Algeria .
AdministrationThe canton of Clamart includes/understands only part of the commune. The other part is related to the canton of the Plessis-Robinson.
January 1st, 2005, it created the Communauté of agglomeration Southern of the Seine, with the communes of Bagneux, Fontenay-Aux-Roses, Malakoff.
DemographyThe proximity of the Station Montparnasse, place of arrival of the Train S of the great West, made that number of Bretons settled there at the last centuries - as in the neighbouring communes. One can taste crepes at the time of associative evenings still there besides.
Four noble families were lords " by partie" from Clamart. Most famous is Cuigy or Cuisy, of which one of the representatives was the friend of Cyrano of Bergerac: the part of Rostand grants a place to him, and truth Cyrano declares that it is while returning from at his place that he admired the Moon attentively and formed the project to go there.
the cemetery known as " of Clamart" , famous traditionally to have received the remainders of condemned to died and in particular of the guillotines of the Revolution, was in fact located at Paris (5th) between the street of the Iron-with-Mill and the street of the Saint-Marcel Ditches. (It occupied a ground on which the Amphitheater of anatomy of Clamart was built, with the site of the old gardens of the hotel of Clamart, which was opposite, property of certain lords of Clamart, which moreover had made raise a cross bearing the name of their stronghold on the place called today Poliveau).
the March 27th 1794, Condorcet, celebrates philosopher and important actor of the French revolution is stopped in a tavern of Clamart whereas he flees Paris following the warrant for arrest pronounced against him by Herault de Séchelles of the party of the Jacobins.
the Letters of my Mill, of Alphonse Daudet, were written at the time of the stay of the author in Clamart in 1865 (46 rue Paul Vaillant-Couturier), in company of his/her friend Paul Arène. They initially appeared in the Event under the title of Chroniques of Provence , then in the universal Moniteur of the evening .
on June 1st 1961, in the district of the Mounts, in extreme cases between Clamart and Issy-les-Moulineaux, a landslide due to the collapse of chalk careers, following exceptional rains, carried 21 people in death (which occurred Courbarien, street of the General Slave trader…). 23 buildings were destroyed.
the hospital Antoine-Béclère as for him, is located at the Petit-Clamart. It is in this establishment that was born the first test-tube baby of France, Amandine, the February 24th 1982, thanks to the team of Rene Frydman.
the plate of Clamart was a long time an agricultural space on which one cultivated garden peas. " garden peas clamartois" from their quality were at the origin of the culinary qualification " with the clamartoise" who means that dish is accompanied by fresh garden peas. Each year, Clamart organizes its festival of Garden peas in June, which if it has only little to do with the gastronomy, is pretext with many cultural, popular and festive gatherings.
- Town hall, 17th/19th including/understanding 3 different rooms: the room of the commissions, the room of the marriages, the room of the council.
- Maurice-Gunsburg Place, fountain inaugurated in 1943, evoking the woodland and bucolic life of Clamart.
- Old people's home Ferrari, 19th century built by the architect Leon Ginain in an Italian Renaissance style.
- the round Library, formerly Library of the children and the young people of the Plain: library founded by association Joy by the books , built in 1965 in the City of the Plain and now managed by another association in bond with the town of Clamart.
- Quoted of the Plain, built between 1950 and 1965, it extends on 22,25 ha including 12 ha of green areas. It is composed of 77 buildings, forming a total of 1993 residences.
- Foundation Jean Arp, located in the places where the artist lived.
The eleven closest cities(of town hall with town hall)
- Châtillon (Hauts-de-Seine), with 1,2 km
- Plessis-Robinson, to 1,9 km
- Issy-les-Moulineaux, to 1,9 km
- Seals, to 2,2 km
- Fontenay-Aux-Roses, to 2,2 km
- Bagneux, to 2,4 km
- Malakoff, to 3,1 km
- Meudon, to 3,1 km
- Châtenay-Malabry, to 3,7 km
- Boulogne-Billancourt, to 3,9 km
- Vanves, to 3,5 km
Large the company on Clamart
- EDF R & D: Seek & Développement, site of Clamart
- Transilien NR:
- Station of Clamart
- Drunk the RATP:
- Drunk 162: Meudon-Valley Fleury the RER ↔ Villejuif-Louis Aragon
- Drunk 169: Bridge of Sevres ↔ European Hospital Georges-Pompidou
- Drunk 179: Bridge of Sevres ↔ the Drunk Robinson RER
- 189: Clamart-Georges Pompidou ↔ Door of Saint-Cloud
- Drunk 190: Vélizy 2 ↔ Town hall of Issy
- Drunk 191: Clamart-place of the Guard ↔ Door of Vanves
- Drunk 195: Robinson the RER ↔ Châtillon-Montrouge
- Drunk 289: Clamart-city of the Plain ↔ Door of Saint-Cloud
- Drunk 290: Industrial Meudon-the-Forest-zone ↔ Town hall of Issy
- Drunk 295: Vélizy 2 ↔ Door of Orleans
- Drunk 379: Vélizy 2 ↔ Fresnes-Ront-Point Roosevelt
- Drunk 390: Town hall of Vélizy-Villacoublay ↔ the Drunk Borough-the-Queen RER
- 394: Issy-Valley of the Seine the RER ↔ the Drunk Borough-the-Queen RER
- 395: Clamart-Georges Pompidou ↔ the Drunk Antony RER
- 495: Vélizy 2 ↔ the Drunk Massy-Palaiseau RER
- 579: CLAMIBUS > Neighborhood house Andre Charré ↔ Station of Clamart
- Drunk 595: Plessis-Robinson it Boursidière ↔ the Drunk Robinson RER
- Drunk SQYBUS
- 475: Élancourt ↔ Door of Orleans
- N61 Line: Town hall of Vélizy-Villacoublay ↔ Station Montparnasse
- N62 Line: Robinson the RER ↔ Station Montparnasse
Catalog of filmsClamart was used as decorations with several films.
- 1975 : Fear on the city, of Henri Verneuil (Hospital Antoine Béclère, called private clinic of the Trinity in film)
- 2001: the Wall cupboard, of Francis Veber (stage hunebelle)
- 2001: the Fabulous destiny of Amélie Foal, Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Park and college White House)
- 2007: Counter-enquiry (original title: Letter of a killer), carried out by Franck Mancuso with Jean Dujardin, (the wood of Clamart, pond of Garenne)
- Line 8 of the Parisian tram
- the official site
- Site for the newcomers
- Page of the IGN on Clamart.
- Statistical of INSEE on Clamart
- Seen air of the commune of Clamart on the site of IAURIF
|Random links:||Saint-Sauflieu | Manuae (islands of the Company) | Movable feast | Paisley Park | Lengpui (India) | 6|