One indicates under the term of Christian painting , the Peinture representing religious scenes of the Christianisme.
Topics representedThe topics of the painting and the sculpture Christian women are extremely numerous. For this article, the choice was to classify them according to the time when they seem a privileged topic of the Christian art.
Period préconstantinienne (of the origins with 313)Murals of the Roman catacombs:
- the Virgin with the Child, base carrying the child in his arms.
- the Worship of the Magi, three magi are inclined in front of the sitted Virgin carrying the Child.
- the Baptism of Christ
Period constantinienne pre-iconoclast (313-726)Monumental mosaics of Rome, Ravenne, Poreč and Kiti, bulbs of Monza and Bobbio, illuminations of Rabula, icons to the polish of the Sinai, enamel cross of the pope Pascal Ier:
- the Annunciation
- the Escape in Egypt
- the Nativity of Christ.
- the Massacre of the innocent the
- the Presentation of Christ to the Temple (Candlemas).
- the Transfiguration
- the Resurrection of Lazare
- the Cène
- the Crucifixion with the Virgin and Jean, the soldiers, the sun and the moon (darkened).
- Holy women with the tomb, to mean Resurrection.
- the Rise
- the Pentecost
- the Christ Pantocrator
- four Alive
- the Good Pasteur, Christ as a good Pasteur.
- Saint Pierre
- Saint Paul
- twelve Apostles
- the Hospitality of Abraham
- the Étimasie, the magesté empty throne suggesting of God.
- the stag assoiffé.
- the Birds of the paradise.
Period post-iconoclast (from 843 to 1204)Frescos and mosaics Byzantine, freques Romance, illuminations.
Adam and Eve driven out of the terrestrial Paradise
- the Burning bush (image symbolic system of the Virgin Mary)
- the Tree of Jessé (genealogy of Christ)
- the Meeting with the Gilded Door (Anne and Joachim)
- the Visitation (of Marie with Elisabeth)
- the Wise woman and the Virgin
- the Lavement of the feet
- the Arrestation of Jesus
- the Confession of Thomas
- Jesus appears in Marie-madeleine (noli me tangere, semi me aptu)
- the Mandilion of Édesse.
- the Dormition of the Virgin
- the last Judgment
- Right in the center of Holy Abraham
- Georges de Lydda embanking the dragon.
The Gothic period in Occident (of 1204 to 1492)
See also: Gothic Painting
the Enfant teaches in the Temple
- the Christ leaving the tomb
- the Couronnement of the Virgin
- the Passion
- God the Father under human form.
- the anthropomorphic Trinity (with dove).
The posterior Byzantine period with the Schism (of 1204 to our days)
- the Trinity, three angels of Mambré without Abraham nor Sarah.
- the Descent into Hell (New image of Easter)
- 24 stanzas of the Hymne Acathiste.
- the Enfant teaches in the Temple (Festival of semi-Pentecost).
- the Childhood of the Virgin (Holy Family: Anne Joachim and the Virgin).
The modern period of Catholicism (of 1492 to our days)
- the crowned Conversation, the Virgin and the Child surrounded crowned characters (of which the silent partner)
- the Holy Family (Jesus, Marie, Joseph).
- the Immaculate Conception, the upright haloed Virgin of stars and posing the feet on a crescent of the moon.
- the Crowned Heart (painting), Jesus shows his ravaged heart.
- the Assumption, the Virgin raised with the sky among the angels.
|Random links:||595 | J. Felipe Rushton | Chaniat | Yang Guang | Charles Mosnier | Martin Maheux | USS_Yarnall_(DD-143)|