BiographyIts family fixes itself at Bordeaux, where it will carry out its studies near Michel Fusté-Lambezat, inter alia. It will obtain its Price of composition doubled of a price of SACEM in 1983. It is named in 1993 professor of analysis to the Conservatoire with regional radiation of Bordeaux. It receives in 1994 the 1st Price with the contest of composition Institut für Neue Musik of Berlin. It was, of 2004 to 2007, director artistic of the National orchestra Bordeaux Aquitaine. It is in 2007, Compositeur in Residence of the 36e Musique festival on Sky of Cord-on-Sky (Tarn).
Very early, it meets Jean-Marie Londeix, and written for him, its class, its pupils and his whole of Saxophone S, of many works where it explores the richnesses and possibilities of this instrument of which it estimates that they were not it by his predecessors. It is interested in particular in the specific aspect of the wide Techniques of play the such Slap, the breathing continues, the sounds Multiphonique S, the Suraigu S or the various modes of attack which offer the pallet of the saxophones.
But it also widened this concern of exploration of the instrumental limits to many other instruments, since its Catalog account from now on parts for Orchestre, String quartet, etc
One will notice at his place a taste pronounced for the electric atmospheres, the movements agitated on the surface, a form of immobility on the alert, generating spectacular glares quickly absorptive by the sound-landscapes auquels they return irremediably. It is one of the representatives of what one describes as School of Bordeaux.
List works (some examples)
- "The forest perdue" for whole of 12 saxophones (1983)
- " Adria" for 2 alto saxophones (1985)
- " Hard" for saxophone tenor solo (1988)
- " Rituels" for clarinet in Sib (1989)
- " Erg " for whole with wind, grips, piano and double bass (1990)
- " Brasil sem fim" for piano (1990)
- " Balafon" for saxophone alto"
- " 4 books of études" for various saxophones solo (1992-1994)
- " Hoggar " for orchestra (1995)
- " Morphing " for string quartet (1999)
- " Blue Spoke " for violoncello alone (5 studies for contemporary violoncello)
- " Kwintus" for violin (2000)
- " Blue Stream" for piano (2000)
- " Stan" (homage to Stan Getz) for saxophone baritone and synthetizer (2001)
|Random links:||Immunoglobulin M | Tehom | Sabah III | County of El Paso (Texas) | Sixth district of the Val-d'Oise | 1989_Prix_grand_français|