HistoryCalled a long time Rehe or Jehol, Chengde was capital old province of Rehe, Chengde is famous to be the old residence of summer of the emperors Mandchous of the beginning of the Dynastie Qing. During the 18th century, the imperial court moved Beijing in Chengde during the summer season to remain six months there during.
The imperial Court organized important diplomatic receptions there in particular to try to pacify the people not Han, such as the Mongolian or the Tibetans.
ClimateThe average temperatures of Chengde go from -9,4°C for the coldest month to +24,4°C for the hottest month, with an annual average of +8,9°C (figures stopped in 1988), and the Pluviométrie is there of 545,6 mm (figures stopped in 1990).
- the Palate of summer ( Bishu Shanzhuang ): its construction was started in 1703 with the emperor Kangxi. It extends on 560 hectares, with many lakes and houses (see the article Résidence of mountain of Chengde ).
the temple Putuozong Sheng Zhi Miao (普陀宗乘), reduced reproduction of the Potala of Lhassa, built at the time of the sixtieth birthday of Qianlong ;
- the temple Xumifushou Zhi Miao , also called temple of Sumeru, the Joy and Longevity, it was built in 1780 according to the model of Tashilhunpo in the honor of the visit of the sixth Panchen-lama, second large hierarchical Tibetan after the Dalai Lama ;
- the temple Puning If , called temple of universal Peace, were built by Qianlong with the image of Samye to commemorate its victory over the Mongolian tribes. It differs from the other temples of Chengde by its Chinese style and its circular house (house of the light of the dawn), which points out the Temple of the sky of Beijing.
The Palate and the temples are registered on the Liste of the world heritage of UNESCO since 1994.
EconomyChengde has an airport (code AITA: CEH).
Administrative divisionsThe city-prefecture of Chengde exerts its jurisdiction on eleven subdivisions - three districts, five counties and three autonomous counties :
- the district of Shuangqiao - 双桥区 Shuāngqiáo Qū ;
- the district of Shuangluan - 双滦区 Shuāngluán Qū ;
- the mining district of Yingshouyingzi - 鹰手营子矿区 Yīngshǒuyíngzi Kuàngqū ;
- the county of Chengde - 承德县 Chéngdé Xiàn ;
- the county of Xinglong - 兴隆县 Xīnglóng Xiàn ;
- the county of Pingquan - 平泉县 Píngquán Xiàn ;
- the county of Luanping - 滦平县 Luánpíng Xiàn ;
- the county of Longhua - 隆化县; Lónghuà Xiàn) ;
- the Manchu autonomous county of Fengning - 丰宁满族自治县 Fēngníng mǎnzú Zìzhìxiàn ;
- the Manchu autonomous county of Kuancheng - 宽城满族自治县 Kuānchéng mǎnzú Zìzhìxiàn ;
- the Manchu autonomous county and Mongolian of Weichang - 围场满族蒙古族自治县 Wéichǎng mǎnzú Měnggǔzú Zìzhìxiàn .
|Random links:||Manny Albam | Latin | Chain aléoutienne | Garasa | Flag of Maldives | Holloway,_Minnesota|