The Cheat (meaning cheating in English) indicates the allowing whole of the means, in a video game, to modify the rules of the game so as to make it easier.
Cheat in the plays “a player”
In the plays known as “solo” (a player), one more often employs the term of cheat codes . They are present in all the types of play.
The cheats in the plays solo are in the majority of the cases set up by the developers of the play. They are generally codes intended to test a precise aspect of the play: behavior of Cyberdémon in Doom, follow-up of the trajectory of a rocket, etc Certains cheats-codes make it possible to be extracted from a difficult situation when designing level (pass-walls in particular) in order to correct thereafter. They are generally used when the player is " bloqué" a level, but make it possible also rejouer the play with other rules in order to obtain a style of different play.
Examples of cheats solo
In the subjective plays of shooting:
to make invincible (God mode)
- To have all the weapons
- infinite Ammunition
- To give the responsability a precise level directly
- To kill all the enemies
- To cross the walls (noclip mode)
In the strategy games in real-time:
- To have all technologies
- infinite Resources
- Reduction in times of construction
- Modification of the characteristics of the units
- To reveal all the zone of play
Cheat in the plays multijoueursThe cheat in the video games multijoueurs is especially present in the subjective plays of shooting, in particular in Counter-Strike, famous for its great concentration of cheateurs. It is also trying when the current procedure is of " tuer" many times the same creature (which reappears " fraîche" after a small latency) to make progress its competences.
Whereas the cheat in the plays solo is tolerated perfectly (what is normal considering one plays there all alone), the cheat in the plays multijoueurs also assigns the other players in the part and for this reason is very badly considered by the community of the players on line. The cheator indeed tries to increase his statistics of play (number of Frag S) per average the nonconventional ones and for this reason viol the rules of the Fair play.
The cheats multijoueurs are not included by the developers of the play which seek on the contrary to counter them. They are generally developed by cracker S .
OperationThe developers of cheats multijoueurs do not have in general access to the Source code, which prevents them from modifying it to integrate their cheats into it. With the place, they must disassemble the zones memory used by the play and modify it: this process is called injection . This requires great competences in the field.
However, the cheats multijoueurs cannot do everything: they cannot modify the behavior of the waiter of play (which manages in particular displacements of the players, their statistics, and retransmet their actions with the other players), which limits their sphere of activity considerably: they can act only on the data sent starting from the customer, or on the received data of the waiter.
Indeed, the waiters of play send to the customer more information than this one really does not post. For example, an enemy, although hidden behind a wall, will be sent to the customer all the same whereas this one does not see it with final on its screen, since the enemy is at a certain distance (or according to other parameters, those variable according to the engine used). This not posted information is intercepted by the cheat, which makes them available to the customer, thus offering an advantage to him (in our case, the cheator will see the enemy behind the wall).
To that come to be added functionalities allowing the cheat to operate the orders of the player: he can thus aim in an automatic and very precise way an enemy ( aimbot ), or on the engine of play (modifications of parameters of the play nonavailable to the player in normal weather).
Examples of cheats multijouorNote that the cheats are presented in general in the form of packs including/understanding the majority of the functionalities listed below.
Wallhack : probably the most known cheat. It makes it possible to make translucent the walls of the decoration, and thus to see the enemies through. It however requires a certain experiment to control it completely (the cheator beginning will rather tend to go to butt against the walls).
- Aimbot : cheat most known after the wallhack, the aimbot (literally " robot of visée") is a cheat operating the orders of the player. He causes to direct the sight of the player on an automatic enemy of manner, and thus to undoubtedly touch it. With the simple aimbot can be added more sophisticated functionalities:
- Control of release : allows to choose under which conditions the aimbot will be activated: automatically (i.e. without request of the player), only when the player starts to draw or only when it presses on a precise key.
- Hitbox / vectors : allows to choose the part of the body of the enemy on whom to aim. Useful for the plays comprising of the localized damage.
- FOV : start the aimbot only when the sight of the player is located in a certain angle compared to the position of the enemy. Allows to avoid the too abrupt movements which would appear too suspect.
- Smooth aiming : " lisse" movements of the sight so that they have the air more human. Without this function the sight is fixed brutally on the enemy what can appear suspect.
- Autoshoot : draw automatically when the aimbot hangs an enemy. The most sophisticated autoshoots include a control of the retreat of the weapon. Very suspect (the impression gives that the player has of the irrational reflexes).
- ESP : less known but probably more used than more useful and more comfortable wallhack because, ESP ( Entity Screen Projection , projection of entities to the screen) symbolizes the enemy and friendly players using squares or of circles to the screen (in some cheats these symbols have a variable size according to the distance to the target). With these symbols are often posted the distance, the name of the player, the weapon which it holds, and if this one is reloading or to launch a grenade. Recently, an improvement of ESP appeared bearing the name of Sound ESP . As its name indicates it, it is about ESP based on the sound, which makes it possible to locate the players at distances much larger than those of traditional ESP (in general all the zone of play is covered). Sound ESP is a frightening cheat because it not only makes it possible to gain the confrontations but also the part because it also makes it possible to discover in advance the strategy of the enemy according to these movements at the beginning of the play.
- Radar : a radar adds or improves that already present in the play by posting the enemies there. Often have an option allowing to post the chart of play in 2D. Use the same techniques in general as ESP.
- Norecoil (anti-retreat): compensate for the retreat of the weapon by lowering the test card of aiming.
- Nospread : not to confuse with the anti-retreat, the nospread (literally " anti-étalement") give an infinite precision to the weapon of the player. What means that to empty a charger on a wall will concentrate all the balls on the same point. This functionality, once activated, is strongly visible when other players observe the cheator in " spectateur" mode; : its sight trembles either during a shooting, or continuously according to the parameter setting.
- Speedhack : probably most spectacular and most obvious of the cheats. The speedhack increases " virtuellement" the speed of the play at the cheator. Of course, time does not pass more quickly to the other players (see Fonctionnement), but that makes it possible to the cheator to move much more quickly than the normal (up to 8 times more quickly). Obviously, this cheat is extremely obvious.
- Crushing of configuration : allows to modify options of configuration of the play which are blocked in normal weather. The options most often modified relate to the mode of returned engine 3D. Thus one can replace all textures of the decoration by a white color, which makes it possible of good to better distinguish the enemies (and making futile any attempt at camouflage), or to cancel the management of lightings, and consequently of the shades where an enemy could hide.
- Various : the majority of the cheats include functionalities " bonus" , among which one can quote:
- Radio flooder / Message flooder : floode other players of radio messages and text. Do not improve the performances of the cheator but allows him to make display of the power of sound cheat.
- Name to change : in the same spirit, this functionality makes it possible to change the name of the player continuously every 2 seconds approximately. The names can be taken in a list, or, more vicious, take the name of one of the other players of the waiter and modify a character of it (an E by one 3 for example). The principal interest for the cheater is that complicates the task of an administrator who would like to banish it (and which for that will need its name of player).
- Spinbot : to the eyes of the other players, the cheator gives the impression to rotate continuously. A purely esthetic effect.
- MP3 : some cheats make it possible to read MP3 in the play.
- Bunny Jump : often regarded as a cheat, he is actually integral part of half-life 1 and 2 and their modes, he constitutes a skill (competence) among others and requires an important dexterity and a drive. It is often compared to cheat by players amateurs who refuse to admit the existence of players more trained considerably than them.
- Stats-padding : Some use faults of design of a play in order to use bug (also called " EXPLOIT) to mark more points with the detriment of the others.
Behaviors and motivations of the cheateursThe behaviors of the cheateurs can be arranged in two categories:
ostentatious cheateurs : they are in general players in lack of power or recognition. They generally activate the totality of the options of their cheat and try to rot to the maximum the play of the other players. They choose waiters of play where the administrators are not very present in order to carry out their actions in all impunity. The extreme case of this behavior is the association of the aimbot speedhack and weapon of body with body (knife): guided automatically by the aimbot, the cheator passes from target out of target and cutting each enemy with the knife at a speed such as it is very difficult to cut down. The precision of the aimbot coupled at the speed of the speedhack in general makes it possible to entirely decimate the opposing team in a handle of seconds as from the beginning of the part. If no administrator is present to banish the cheator, the waiter is in the majority of the case quickly deserted by the players.
- discrete cheateurs : much less awkward but much more subtle, the goal of the discrete cheator is to obtain the best possible score without he not being suspected of cheater. With all current technologies of cheat, it is increasingly difficult to make the difference between very a good player and a discrete cheator. More especially as very a good player that nobody suspects of cheater can be a discrete cheator very well making very well his job… this one in general uses a aimbot with a very weak FOV , a smooth aiming and not aiming the head but the nape of the neck generally, and does not use a wallhack/ESP: these two functionalities modify much the behavior of a cheator in comparison with a normal player, except if the cheator can control it (what is very difficult, these differences in behavior being mainly unconscious). Moreover, it will decontaminate its cheat with the least suspicion on behalf of an other player to reactivate it later.
Concerning the motivations of the cheateurs, the FAQ from a community of cheateurs (TKC) tries to justify their acts.
Means implemented to counter the cheatThe developers of the plays multijoueurs are conscious of the problem of the cheat, which is prejudicial because harming for them the quality of the online game. Several solutions are available to stop the cheateurs.
Installation of a control system at the customer
Valve, developer of the play Counter-Strike, as several other developers of play chose this solution. It consists in making download with the customer a checking routine who will try to detect the presence of a cheat. The anticheats of this type function according to the same principle as that of a Anti-virus software.
- Completely reliable with the supported cheats
- very weak Risk of error with Dissuasive player not cheatant
- in the case of anticheats proposed by the developers of the plays, generally threatening to prohibit to the cheator the access to all the waiters of play during one year by banishing the key CD of the play, forcing the cheator to repurchase a
- requires to have a database of cheats up to date
- For the anticheats developed by third parties, requires to install the software of control, even for the normal players, in order to be able to reach the waiter of play
- Valve Anti Cheat (VAC), developed by Valve
- Cheating-Death, developed by a community of administrators of waiter
- Punkbuster, developed by an independent company
Installation of a system of analysis of behavior on the waiterThis solution, very much used it there has several years, was gradually abandoned because of its too low reliability.
- does not require anything at the customer
- basic Pas data to update
- Not very reliable because basing itself on behaviors (for example, speed of displacement of the sight)
- the majority of the recent cheats has options specifically conceived in order to circumvent these protections
- Bannissement of only one waiter only
Human monitoringThe human eye remains the tool best adapted to detect trickeries. Certain sites propose to send to them demonstrations of cheateurs in full action accompanied by their single identifiers (representative of their key CD) in order to draw up whole lists cheateurs to be banished.
- total Fiabilité on the ostentatious cheateurs
- does not require anything at the customer
- basic Pas data to update
- Fiabilité limited on the discrete cheateurs (dependant on competences of the administrator)
- Risques of errors if the administrator is not qualified enough (to banish a cheater which is not one)
- only requires human resources
- Bannissement of only one waiter, or propagation of the banishment limited by using the lists of banishment
Fight association against the cheat on CS: S (French-speaking):
See tooValve Anti-Cheat
|Random links:||The Community of communes of the Four Valleys (Loiret) | Steaklet of duck | Robert Barran | Cephei delta | Rudi Sailer | Les_charlatans_(bande_des_États-Unis)|