Chartreuse of the Port-Sainte-Marie
In Auvergne, at the bottom of the valley of the Sioule, on the road between Ancizes and Saint-Jacques-with Ambur is the monastery of the Chartreuse of the Port-Sainte-Marie. This monastery, founded in 1219, was destroyed during the French revolution. There remain currently buildings only ruins which are the subject of restoration.
13th centuryIn 1219, Guillaume of Beaufort meets Chartreux and gives them grounds to found there a Couvent which will become very influential in the area.
17th centuryIt is at the 17th century that one completes last work of importance in the Monastère.
18th centurySold like Quite national during the Revolution, the Chartreuse falls gradually in ruin.
21e centuryThe movable rich person of the Monastère - dispersed today in the churches which depended on it (a furnace bridge, woodworks, a Piéta, a statue of Saint-Bruno, founder of the Chartreux) or at private individuals in the neighborhoods - testifies to his last radiation.
DescriptionThe conventual buildings were composed of three parts:
an economic center gathering hotel trade, the workshops, the barns, the cattle sheds around a gross round tower
- a religious center with the church, of the radiating chapels, the vault of pontgibaud, the small cloister, the chapter, the refectory
- the center cenobitic gathering 19 cells around the large cloister or lived the monks
- Saint-Jacques-in Ambur
- List of the monasteries chartreux#France: List monasteries Carthusian monk
- Liste chartreuses
- Chartreux Order of the Carthusian monks
- Site on the Chartreuse-of-Port-Holy-Marie
- /Site on Chartreuse (small-patrimoine.com)
Abbot Kid, the chartreuse one of the Sainte-Marie port in Auvergne - (1896)
- Henri Lamendin, Stories of Chartreuse of the Port-Sainte-Marie - (1974)
- H. Leroy, Chartreuse of the Sainte-Marie Port - Strolls in the “desert” of the Carthusian monks , coll “Paths of the Inheritance”, Chamina, 2005.
|Random links:||Hermine | Transporte en Senegal | -311 | 2000s | Country West-Charente Country of the cognac | County of Washington (Texas) | Andy Pettitte | Oeil_de_l'aiguille|