Charles Emile Seurre
BiographyRaise of the sculptor Pierre Cartellier, Emile Seurre gained in 1824 the Prix of Rome of sculpture with a relief having for subject the Tunic of Joseph brought back to Jacob.
Like his older brother, Bernard Seurre, it took part in the diffusion of the Napoleonean legend. He was especially known for his statues of the series of the “great men”.
His/her older brother Bernard Seurre (1795 - 1867) was also sculptor.
- Napoleon i (1833), statue in foot, bronzes, Paris, Hôtel of the Invalids, main courtyard
- Napoleon i , statue in foot (reduction), bronzes, Versailles, castles of Versailles and from Trianon
- the Navy , allegorical figure, Paris, Triumphal arch of Star, under the , triumphal arch northern corner piece
- the Talent , statue, Paris, Cimetière of the Father-Lachaise, fall from Pierre Cartellier, left side face
- a stele decorated with three veiled characters, low-relief, Paris, cemetery of the Father-Lachaise, fall from Pierre Cartellier, on the right from the tomb
- Portrait of Hugues Quieret, admiral de France (death in 1340) (1840), bust, plaster, Versailles, castles of Versailles and Trianon
- Saint Louis , statue in foot, Versailles, castles of Versailles and Trianon
- Gaston de Foix, duke of Nemours (1489 - 1512) (1842), statue in foot, marble, Versailles, castles of Versailles and Trianon
- Charles VII , rule in foot, marble, Versailles, castles of Versailles and Trianon
- Simone Hoog, (foreword of Jean-Pierre Babelon, with the collaboration of Roland Brossard), National museum of Versailles. Sculptures. I The museum , Meeting of the national museums, Paris, 1993
- Pierre Kjellberg, the New guide of the statues of Paris , the Library of Arts, Paris, 1988
- Emmanuel Schwartz, Sculptures of the School of the Art schools of Paris. History, doctrines, catalog , 3Ecole Nationale Sup3erieure of the Art schools, Paris, 2003
|Random links:||Apollo 1 | Franc-tireurs and partisans - immigrant Labor | Frazer (bubble of) | Bill Clinton (homonymy) | Arvedui | Francisco_Sá_Carneiro|