Championship of the world of Formula 1 1998
The championship of the world of Formula 1 1998 was gained by the Finn Mika Hakkinen over a McLaren - Mercedes. McLaren gains the championship of the world of the manufacturers.
Sporting payment: principal rules
- the attribution of the points is carried out according to scale 10 (1st), 6 (2nd), 4 (3rd), 3 (4th), 2 (5th), 1 (6th) and all the results count.
- the GP must last 2 hours to the maximum and to have a distance ranging between 305 and 320 km.
- More meeting of préqualifications.
- free Tests limited to 30 turns in the course of the day: Friday of 11:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 14:00.
- free Tests limited to 30 turns on the whole of the two meetings of the morning: Saturday of 09:00 to 09:45 and 10:15 to 11:00.
- Tests qualifiers limited to 12 turns: Saturday of 13:00 to 14:00.
- a meeting of rolling test in configuration of race (warm-up) is organized Sunday morning, of 10:00 to 10:30.
- a second warm-up of fifteen minutes can be organized if the weather conditions planned for the race change drastiquement compared to the conditions met at the time of the first warm-up.
- In the event of problem on its single-seater of race, a pilot has the right to use a " mulet" during the tests qualifiers, but not during the free tests.
- Tout pilot whose time of qualification exceeds of 7% the time of the pole-position will not be authorized to take the departure (except on decision of the sporting police chiefs taken because of exceptional conditions having prevented the competitor from defending its chances).
- In the event of problem on its single-seater of race, a pilot has the right to use a " mulet" during the tests qualifiers.
- speed in the stands is limited to 80 km/h during the tests and 120 km/h in race (except with the GP of Monaco, 80 km/h).
- Two qualities of gums " sec" and three qualities of " pluie" are available to each GP.
- Quota of tires allocated per weekend: 40 tires " sec" , 10 " pluie".
- Each pilot must choose before the beginning of the qualifications the quality of the tires which it will use at the same time in qualification then in race.
Technical payment: innovations
- interior minimal Height and width of the hull carried each of 250 to 300 mm at the level of the nose gear wheels (protection of the legs)
- Raising of the edges of the cockpit and broader opening of this one.
- Reduction of the overall width of the single-seater of 2 m to 1,80 Mr.
- Clamps of aluminum brakes with 6 pistons to the maximum and 2 plates maximum by clamp.
- Thickness of the discs limited to 28 mm, diameter limited to 278 Misters
- maximum Width of the complete wheel brought back to 380 mm (against 381) with the back and 255 mm with the front one.
- Diameter of the complete wheel brought back to 660 mm (against 660,4).
- obligatory Slotting of the tires (3 scratches with front, 4 with the back).
- Scratches of 2,5 mm depth, 14 mm of width on the surface and 10 mm at the bottom of the throat.
- McLaren-Mercedes: Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard
- Ferrari: Michael Schumacher and Eddie Irvine
- Williams-Mecachrome: Jacques Villeneuve and Heinz-Harald Frentzen
- Benetton-Playlife: Giancarlo Fisichella and Alexander Wurz
- Jordan-Mugen Honda: Damon Hill and Ralf Schumacher
Summary of the championship of the world 1998
Grand Prix of the season 1998
Classification of the pilots
Classification of the manufacturers
|Random links:||Lampyre | Arturo Sandoval | Harolding | Machine with reading | Injection of polymers | Parc_d'état_de_James_de_lac|