Its inhabitants is called Champagnéennes and Champagnéens.
Localities and variations
The communes bordering are:
- Savigné-l' Bishop in North, Saint-March-the-Brière in the East, Changed in the South and Yvré-l' Bishop in the West
Church Holy Desired of XVIe and XVIIe centuries, built on the foundations of a Romance church of year 800. Statues of the Virgin and terra cotta Elisabeth painted of the XVIIe century. Retable of XVIe century with tables representing the Worship of the shepherds (XIXe century), the Education of the Virgin child (XVIIe century). The retable of the high altar (XVIe century) is framed by the terra cotta statues of Holy Marguerite and Sainte Beard and, above, by those of Christ accompanied by Didier Saint and Desired Saint. A central fabric represents the Annunciation.
EconomyMore than 140 companies of which:
- L.B.C (Luissier Bordeau Chesnel) Food industry manufacturer amongst other things the rillettes Bordeau Chesnel
- SOCAMAINE: Purchasing group food
- PAINTINGS WESTERN PRODUCTIONS
- PLASTIGOM which manufactures and markets its products under the mark the Wave since 1928
Tourist monuments and places
Vestiges of fortifications
- old Houses
- House Bretèche of XIIe century, with a chimney Renaissance style
- Castle of Midnight supper of 1300, restored in 1905
- Castle of Aubry (1914-1918)
- Mills of the XIXe century
- Metallic bridge Eiffel style of 1891.
Mosaic giantess on the wall of the college
- Statue and Fontaine (place of the Town hall)
- Memorial of the Combat of 1871
- Belgian military Cemetery
- Circuits marked out of excursion.
- Festival of the Lances
It is extremely probable that are the monks of the priory of Saint-Desired to Champagne who contributed to establish this primarily religious festival, which reproduces the ceremonies of Palm Sunday organized at that time in Mans.
The morning, large a Christ in cross, hoisted on a stretcher carried by four men, is brought vault of the cemetery to the church. He is escorted by twelve lancers with horse and follow-up by Judas, the traitor. The mass of Passion is celebrated at the conclusion of the procession.
The afternoon takes place the breaking of the lances carried out by the lancers: it is a question of driving the shoed point of the lance in the post of " Quintaine" as that was usually done with the Middle Ages to test the force and the address of the riders and the knights…
|Random links:||Function polynomial (elementary mathematics) | Ambae (Vanuatu) | Aria (airline company) | Thomas Gasparetto | Linda Bresonik | Elon,_la_Caroline_du_Nord|