Born the May 22nd 1953 with Hwaseong (province of Gyeonggi-C in South Korea), South Korean the Cha Bum-geun (차범근, old orthography Cha Bum-kun ) was undoubtedly the largest footballer of Asia of the XXe century and the only one to reach an international repute in the years 1970 and 1980. Player, trainer, trainer, commentator, selector, star of the advertizing, Cha play even the part of father of player (international the Cha Doo-IH, who played for the club where his/her father appeared in Europe, Eintracht of Frankfurt).
The first star of Asian footballCha deserves perhaps a little more than Hong Myung-bo to appear in the 100 players of the centenary of the FIFA, and the least prestigious IFFHS (International Federation off Football History & Statistics) extremely precisely named it Asian player of the century .
When MSV Duisburg recruits Cha at the end of the years 1979, the South Korea does not represent any economic issue and the player forever on the occasion to show itself out of World cup. However, Cha will triumph at the European level in two clubs not occupying the front over the German scene, at one time when it is extremely rare for a foreigner to be essential in Bundesliga (Championnat of Germany of football).
Without impressing with its meter 79 and its 78 kg, Cha appears assailing powerful, voluntary and effective in the absence of being elegant. It is still early to judge its past of trainer, in spite of a championship of K-League and a qualification in Football world cup 1998. The selection will remain a bad memory, a little like Michel Platini version Euro 92: become selector, the former leader qualifies the national team in final stage but the results partly prove to be catastrophic (thanks to Guus Hiddink: its Netherlands atomizing South Korea 5 to 0). The honor is saved vis-a-vis the Belgium but it is already too late for Cha.
Cha Bum-Geun will have had misfortune to be too much advances some on the football of its country: he will play only the Football world cup 1986 whereas Korea qualifies itself for the 4 following editions, and he will not play in K-League (Championnat of South Korea of football), which will be created only in 1983.
Following the example Franz Beckenbauer, Cha Bum-Geun does not hesitate to strip sour criticisms over current football and its actors.
Prize list of playerIn selection:
- 55 goals in 121 selections (1972-1986)
- national record of precocity for its first selection
- 2 times winner of UEFA Cup with Eintracht of Frankfurt (1980) and Bayer Leverkusen (1988)
- 1 Cut of FRG with Eintracht of Frankfurt (1981)
- 308 matches of Bundesliga (Championship of Germany of football): SV Darmstadt (1978-79), Eintracht of Frankfurt (1979-1983), Bayer Leverkusen (1983-1989)
- 98 goals in Bundesliga (the record for a foreign player at the time)
In South Korea:
- Korean Air Force (1971)
- Korea University (1972-76)
Prize list of trainerIn selection:
- January 1997 - June 1998: qualification for the World cup 1998
In K-League (Championship of South Korea of football):
- Champion (2004 with Suwon)
- 1991-1994 Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i (prize list:)
- 2003 - Suwon Samsung Bluewings
In C-League (Championship of China of football):
- 1998-1999 Shenzhen Pingan
- Championship of South Korea of football
- Team of South Korea of football
BondsLeverkusen who' S who
|Random links:||Echo (mythology) | Battōdō | Alan Peiper | ROUND OF APPLAUSE Nimes-Let us park | On the way towards Zanzibar | Wilson,_Wyoming|