The Cha-cha-chá is a Musical genre invented in 1954 by the Violon ist Cuba in Enrique Jorrin, of the Charanga Orquesta America, in the first part of the piece Engañadora (the other part is a rate/rhythm of Mambo). The Mot “cha-cha-chá”, which also indicates a Danse, appears only in the piece Silver Star , and comes from its product by the friction of the foot S of the Danse the USSR on the ground.
Enrique Jorrín, noticing the difficulties of the dancers with the model of Danzón - Mambo (the steps is not marked over time, but on syncope), decides to compose of the melody S less syncopated. Arrangements of the orchestra, as for them, always use the syncope.
This mixture - the melody on time, and the accompaniment on the hitch - is a characteristic of this new kind, the cha-cha-chá.
After Engañadora, other successes followed: Antonio Sanchez (Yo sabía); Felix Reina (Angoa); Rosendo Ruiz (Rico vacilón, Los Marcianos); Rosendo Rosell (Calculadora); Richard Egües (El Bodeguero); Rafael Lay (Cero codazos). In 1961, Los Machucambos (France), was success with the cha-cha Pepito (semi corazon) , taken again by Bourvil.
Music todayFew artists nowadays only record albums of cha-cha, but of the artists of Salsa or Cubans continue to sometimes record some cha-chas on their albums, like certain singers of varieties (Jarabe de Palo for example). Chachas leave regularly on the waves and continue to go without the public suspecting that it is chacha. One can quote for example: Jennifer Lopez: Cariño and Let' S get loud , Carlos Santana: Smooth , Corazon espinado or " Pa' gozar" Spanish Harlem Orchestrated.
DanceThe cha-cha is a dance relatively simple to learn, but the basic step is a little bit more complicated than that of the related dances (Rumba, Mambo, Salsa…). Its main feature lies indeed in driven out carried out on “four-and-a” of the calculation of the dance.
The basic step:
- time 2: the dancer advances his left foot by transferring the weight from the body forwards (dancer moves back right foot)
- time 3: the dancer retransfère the weight of the body backwards (the right foot - dancer: left foot)
- time 4 and 1 (or " cha-cha-cha") : the dancer carries out one driven out towards the left (the dancer towards the line)
Another way of dancing the cha-cha is the " carré" who consists in advancing the right foot initially twice then to advance the left foot with the same height, then to move back the right foot of a step, then to move back the left foot twice, then the right foot of a step then to advance the left foot of a step and to start again with the right foot as at the beginning and so on.
The cha-cha is a involving Musique, which is characterized by an original calculation: " is counted; deux-trois" , " four-and-un" , this last correspondent with the " cha-cha-cha" having given its name to this dance.
The Tempo of the cha-cha generally turns around 100/120 pulsations at the minute.
Pierre Lavelle, a professor of English dance left to Cuba simplified the steps and called the Danse cha-cha instead of cha-cha.
The cha-cha in the French song
- With the Happiness of the Ladies - Bebert the dromedary, Coucouche basket
- Ben his tumba & his orchestra - Banana (in Spanish), Coucouche
- Boris Vian - Mozart with us, the small shop
- Bourvil - the lazy kings, the bees, Trotter-case, It is nanan
- Carlos - Señor weather
- Charlotte Julian - the cherry, the bottom on convenient the
- Dario Moreno - When she dances, Corps with body
- Dalida - Itsi bitsi small bikini (also taken again by Richard Anthony, Dario Moreno, Johnny Hallyday)
- Dany Shining - Y has that the girls who interest me; Give again to me my chance; The rat
- Elli Medeiros - has bailar Calypso (it is indeed of a chacha and not a Calypso)
- Eric Moréna - Oh, my boat, Ramon and Pedro
- Francoise Hardy - How to tell you good-bye
- Henri Salvador - Is necessary to laugh, Dracula Cha Cha, Hello Brigitte Babylon (also begun again by Norman Maine), Dialog of ice
- Hubert-Felix Thiéfaine - Lorelei sebasto cha (1982)
- Jacques Hélian & his orchestra - Cha-cha of tunas (also taken again by Carlos, Jean-Christmas Dupre, Zoe Cliff)
- Joe Dassin - Guantanamera
- Julie Piétri - Northern Magdalena
- Léopold & You - There is
- enough of it the Beach - EPO
- the full orchestra of the splendid - Zigloo cha cha
- Astiaous - Piranhas
- Charlots - the cha cha typical
- the Coconut-girl S - Make me of Chachacha
- the Djinns - the locusts
- Rita Mitsouko - Marcia Baila
- Los Machucambos - Pepito (begun again by Bourvil and Patrick Sebastien)
- Lilicub - Voyage in Italy
- Marcel Upstream - the most beautiful tango of the world (it is indeed of a chacha and not a tango)
- Marcel Zanini - You want, or you do not want, (also begun again by Brigitte Bardot)
- Mario Jacques - Highway A6
- the Niagara - love with the beach
- Pierre Vassiliu - the crickets
- Renaud - Eun' goutt' ed' juice
- Roland Giraud - Said, that would say to you… with me?
- Sacha Distel - thus make you bronze, Mister cannibal, Scandale in the family (also begun again by Surfings)
- Sttellla - the slices of bread
- Vanessa Paradis - Joe the taxi
The plantThe word cha-cha-chá indicates also some Plante S of the the Antilles producing thimbles of Seed used to make a small crash called a “cha-cha-chá”.
- musical origins of the chachacha on MontunoCubano.com
- the dance chachacha on " Dance History Archives" (StreetSwing.com)
|Random links:||Comunicaciones en Papua Nueva Guinea | Ericaceae | SV Elversberg | Innocent Naki | Taxpayer | Olivier de Plas | Stour_occidental|