Castle of Hohenschwangau
HistoryThe castle was mentioned for the first time at the 12th century like the castle " Schwanstein" , residence of the lords of Schwangau. During centuries, the castle changed many times of proriétaires and was destroyed on several occasions. The king Maximilien II of Bavaria (then still Kronprinz Maximilien) the receipt in 1832. It was a ruin which it made restore in the style neogothic (1837) It is this castle that one can visit today. Among the architects engaged for this restoration, one finds the decorator and painter of theater Domenico Quaglio the young person (1787-1837).
At the beginning of the 19th century, the Schwanstein castle took the name of Hohenschwangau and that of Hinterhohenschwangau became Neuschwanstein .
The castle was used as residence of summer with the royal family of Bavaria. Louis II passed part of its childhood there. His/her Marie mother of Prussia (1805-1889) lived almost three more years after the death of her son with Hohenschwangau before she dies there.
Interior installation was preserved in the state.
The current owner of the castle is the " Wittelsbacher Ausgleichsfonds." (Compensation funds of the Wittelsbach)
A recent anecdote: in the morning November 6th, 2005 a collapse occurred in the castle. The unknown ones succeeded in penetrating until in the room of Billiards on the first floor. There, they concealed approximately 80 medals of the family of the Wittelsbach. The damage is estimated at more than 10.000 euros. In spite of the release of alarm, the robbers could escape because the police station nearest is to approximately 5 km
- panoramic Image with 360° since the castle
|Random links:||Frederique Beautiful | -1530 | The Law of the desire | Davy Jones (character) | Ernest-Argelès stage | Décalage_bleu|