Its inhabitants is called the Residents of Carpentras.
Carpentras is called Carpentoracte with the Middle Ages (in Occitan Provençal: Carpentràs according to the traditional standard or Carpentras according to the Standard mistralienne).
Carpentras is the capital of the Comtat Venaissin. The city is in the plain, in the south of the Mont Ventoux, in the west of the Monts of Vaucluse, in the east of the the Rhone and the north of the Durance.
One reaches it since Avignon south-west by D942 (" rapide" sees;), Pernes-the-Fountains in the south by D938, Venasque in south-east by D4, Mazan in the east by D942, the feet (southern) of the Mount Ventoux by D974 or D938 in the North-East, Aubignan in north by D7 and Sarrians in the North-West by D950.
Alternations of several small hills of weak emplitude and let us be worth. Hills a little more important with the approach of the Mounts of Vaucluse in the east.
The historical center (interior of the old ramparts) is posed on a plate at the top of a small hill.
Auzon passes to the foot of the hill of the historical center.
The element Because of Carpentras is attached to the prefix pre-indo-European * because , rock.
Initially known under the name of Carpentoracte Meminorum then called Forum Neronis ( Gone of Néron ) by Néron.
The pope Clément V establishes his curia with Carpentras in 1316.
As of 1790, in the revolutionary spirit, Avignon drives out the vice-legate, representing the pontifical authority and requires its fastening of France. The inhabitants of Carpentras, on the other hand, tried to establish a small independent State, which would carry out at his place the reforms of the French Constituent Assembly, but without agreeing to join together it in France. In April 1790, without the agreement of the pope, but by recognizing his authority, they met in assembly and reformed the government: the pope was recognized there like constitutional monarch.
In May 1990, the Affaire of the profanation of Carpentras intervened in its Jewish cemetery makes much speak about the city. President Mitterrand had then moved personally on the spot. This business had social and political effects very important on whole France.
Heraldic“Of mouths, with an ancient bit of money horse, whose medium is forged of one of the nails of the passion of Our-Lord Jesus-Christ. ” (Malta-Brown, in illustrated France , volume V, 1884)
Le census of 1826, which would be only one reactualization of that of 1821, was not retained. The census of 1871, due to war, was pushed back at the year 1872. The census of 1941, carried out according to different instructions, cannot be qualified of general census, and gave place to no officielle. publication
ImageSize = width: 850 height: 380 PlotArea = left: 50 bottom: 50 signal: 30 right: 30 DateFormat = x.y Period = from: 0 till: 40000 TimeAxis = orientation: vertical AlignBars = justify ScaleMajor = gridcolor: darkgrey increment: 20000 start: 0 ScaleMinor = gridcolor: lightgrey increment: 5000 start: 0 BackgroundColors = canvas: sfondo
BarData= bar: 1000 text: bar: 1861 text: 1861 bar: 1866 text: 1866 bar: 1872 text: 1872 bar: 1876 text: 1876 bar: 1881 text: 1881 bar: 1886 text: 1886 bar: 1891 text: 1891 bar: 1896 text: 1896 bar: 1901 text: 1901 bar: 1906 text: 1906 bar: 1911 text: 1911 bar: 1921 text: 1921 bar: 1926 text: 1926 bar: 1931 text: 1931 bar: 1936 text: 1936 bar: 1946 text: 1946 bar: 1954 text: 1954 bar: 1962 text: 1962 bar: 1968 text: 1968 bar: 1975 text: 1975 bar: 1982 text: 1982 bar: 1990 text: 1990 bar: 1999 text: 1999
PlotData= color: width barred: 20 align: left
bar: 1000 from: 0 till: 0 bar: 1861 from: 0 till: 10918 bar: 1866 from: 0 till: 10848 bar: 1872 from: 0 till: 10524 bar: 1876 from: 0 till: 10479 bar: 1881 from: 0 till: 9699 bar: 1886 from: 0 till: 9685 bar: 1891 from: 0 till: 9778 bar: 1896 from: 0 till: 10797 bar: 1901 from: 0 till: 10443 bar: 1906 from: 0 till: 10721 bar: 1911 from: 0 till: 11390 bar: 1921 from: 0 till: 11191 bar: 1926 from: 0 till: 11805 bar: 1931 from: 0 till: 12632 bar: 1936 from: 0 till: 13732 bar: 1946 from: 0 till: 14222 bar: 1954 from: 0 till: 15076 bar: 1962 from: 0 till: 18199 bar: 1968 from: 0 till: 21388 bar: 1975 from: 0 till: 24251 bar: 1982 from: 0 till: 24838 bar: 1990 from: 0 till: 24212 bar: 1999 from: 0 till: 26090
bar: 1000 At: 0 fontsize: S text: bar: 1861 At: 10918 fontsize: S text: 10 918 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1866 At: 10846 fontsize: S text: 10 846 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1872 At: 10524 fontsize: S text: 10 524 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1876 At: 10479 fontsize: S text: 10 479 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1881 At: 9699 fontsize: S text: 9 699 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1886 At: 9685 fontsize: S text: 9 685 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1891 At: 9778 fontsize: S text: 9 778 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1896 At: 10797 fontsize: S text: 10 797 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1901 At: 10443 fontsize: S text: 10 443 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1906 At: 10721 fontsize: S text: 10 721 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1911 At: 11390 fontsize: S text: 11 390 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1921 At: 11191 fontsize: S text: 11 191 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1926 At: 11805 fontsize: S text: 11 805 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1931 At: 12632 fontsize: S text: 12 632 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1936 At: 13732 fontsize: S text: 13 732 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1946 At: 14222 fontsize: S text: 14 222 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1954 At: 15076 fontsize: S text: 15 076 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1962 At: 18199 fontsize: S text: 18 199 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1968 At: 21388 fontsize: S text: 21 388 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1975 At: 24251 fontsize: S text: 24 251 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1982 At: 24838 fontsize: S text: 24 838 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1990 At: 24212 fontsize: S text: 24 212 shift: (- 10,5) bar: 1999 At: 26090 fontsize: S text: 26 090 shift: (- 10,5)
TextData= fontsize: S pos: (30,20)
The economic development was organized in the south of the City, on a site of 133 hectares for more than 150 companies (approximately 1700 employment) gathered under name " Carpensud".
- the Estival ones of Carpentras in July.
- the fair of Siffrein Saint on November 27th, and this, since almost 500 years.
- Fruit and vegetables (cherry, grape, melon, apricot, fishing…)
- Wines AOC dimensions of Ventoux.
- Specialities: the Carton of Carpentras, strawberries of Carpentras
- Gone to black truffles (" melanosporum")
- Track of karting
- Music school
- Youth club and arts center
- classified Public library
- Schools, colleges, colleges
- Riding school
- Tourist office
- permanent Showroom, the " Courtyard of Arts"
- Cemetery to visit (tombs of historical characters, of which Dreyfus)
Markets, fairs and living rooms
- Gone open weekly magazine every Friday morning, market classified as being one of most beautiful of Provence.
- Flea market every Sunday.
- the Fair of the Saint Siffrein (on November 27th).
- Living room of the santonniers in December
- the estival ones of Carpentras in July
Community lifeSeveral associations on Carpentras and its neighborhoods.
- Brotherhood of black truffle of the MT Ventoux and Comtat Venaissin
- Brotherhood of the wines of the dimensions of Ventoux
Places and monuments
- the country of Carpentras and the Comtat Venaissin is classified Pays of Art and History.
- the Synagog of Carpentras, the oldest French synagog (XIVe century).
- the Saint-Siffrein Cathedral.
- the Orange door.
- the Library Inguimbertine (classified Public library, files and museums of Carpentras).
- the Hospital with its old pharmacy.
- Hotel Armand de Châteauvieux (Sobirat Museum).
- House of birth of F.V. Raspail.
- the vault of the college and the old college where Jean Henri Fabre taught.
- Channel of Carpentras.
- the vault Notre-Dame de Santé.
- Triumphal arch of the High-Empire (1st century) to the remarkable sculptures
Personalities related to the commune
- Joseph-Dominique d' Inguimbert (1683 in Carpentras - 1757), bishop, founder of the library and the Hospital.
- Jean-Joseph-Xavier Bidault (1758 in Carpentras - 1846), painter.
- François-Vincent Raspail (1794 with Carpentras - 1878), chemist, doctor and politician.
- Jean-Henri Fabre (1823 - 1915), scientist, writer and poet/teacher at the elementary school annexes college of Carpentras.
- Charles Cottier (1749 - 1822), judge historiographer of Carpentras.
- Joseph Siffrein Duplessis (1725 with Carpentras - 1802)
- Joseph-Marie-François de Lassone (1717 with Carpentras - 1788), doctor of Louis XVI.
- Christophe Maé (1975 with Carpentras -), singer.
- Jean-Pierre Darras (1927 - 1999), actor, founder of the festival of Carpentras.
- Jacques Rémy played with Carpentras.
- , pact of friendship
- Common of Vaucluse
- List of the bishops of Carpentras
- Site of the city
- Site of the tourist office of the city
- Carpentras on the site of the National Geographical Institute
- Carpentras on the site of INSEE
- Carpentras on the site of Quid
- Carpentras on the site Plane Geneawiki
- of Carpentras on Mapquest
|Random links:||Armery of the Alps | Yarda | Stalemate Nixon | Snowk ball | Josh Hutcherson | Moorchang | Salerno|