The cerium is a Métal the gray money, most abundant of the group of the Rare earths.
With room temperature, it is malleable and oxidizes quickly with the air.
It belongs to the family of the Lanthanide S.
The name refers to the asteroid “Cérès” discovered in January 1801.
The cerium was identified in 1803 by Martin Heinrich Klaproth and practically at the same time by Jöns Jacob Berzelius and Wilhem von Hisinger.
In 1825, it was obtained by Carl Gustav Mosander for the first time in a reasonably pure state.
Phases of pure cerium
- Pierre with Lighter: the cerium uses the composition of the Mischmetal, bases stones with lighter.
- Polishing of the Glass: Oxide CeO2 the cerium is one of the best powders of polishing of glass.
- Mufflers: It is used in order to decrease the harmful emissions of the petrol engines
- Fours: It is used (oxide) in revètement “self-cleaning” furnaces.
- Other uses: Used as dye of glass, in phosphorus for cathode tubes and also to improve absorption of the X-rays by the flagstone of the same tubes.
|Random links:||Censure Internet as a Popular republic of China | Band off Horses | Bosentino | Miloš Ier Obrenović | Holzem|