Places and monuments
- Jules Védrines, was born on December 21st, 1881 with the Plain-Saint-Denis (today district of Saint-Denis), close to Paris, workman, then adjuster with the Factories Gnome (Driving), before becoming mechanic of the British pilot-actor , Robert Loraine, which gave him in its turn, the desire to become aviator, it passes his pilot's license the December 7th 1910 to Pau, (drawn from the Library from Popular Aviation, Jacques Mortane with the Baudiniere Editions), becomes Have aviation. Védrines was the 1st pilot to exceed the 100 km hour, the only one to land on the roof of the Lafayette Galleries in Paris on January 19th, 1919, he gained the cut Gordon-Simpleton in America, by beating the speed records with 167,8 km/h, the December 9th 1912, its plane which he called " Vache" surely in reference to the fact that it often owed " brouter the herbe" , and " daisies, " this why these pioneers of aviation were named " reapers of Marguerites".
Why a Stele Jules Védrines in Bussière-Dunoise Jules Védrines was married, has Bussiéroise, born, Amélie Melanie Noémie Lejeune, Hamlet known as " Mont" , commune of Bussière-Dunoise, because his/her mother was ridden to Paris to work like number of Creusoises and Creusois; it had, of this union, four children, Jeanne, Henri, Suzanne, Emile, (Henri became appointed in the department Allier). The Stele created by Andre Frémont, in 1990, at the request of, Mr Lavaud, mayor of Bussière-Dunoise, of the assistants, Sirs Beaudroux and Aupetit, this last currently mayor of the Commune. This stele was set up at the place even, where Jules Védrines landed the April 2nd 1911 on board his Morane-Borel (see photo) whereas it took part in the air rally Paris-Pau, this due partly, with the fog and to see its family. Its mechanic and, had to him to dismount the plane, to repatriate it by the train, in station of Bussière-Dunoise, for Paris.
the Stele Created the March 20th 1990, according to a study and drawing of Andre Frémont, (former student of the E.M.B of Felletin, 1955 /1959) it represents, a wing of Morane, and in its center the stylized and hollowed out face of Védrines, which lets see with through, the village of Bussière-Dunoise, part of the engine, and a half propeller (under this Stele, we threw some coins, of our time). Cut by the pupils masons stone of the E.M.B of Felletin (89/91) Professor Mr Marchio, in granite of Compeix (Digs) granite offered, by the company Lestrade (Dun-le-Palestel). Set up the June 6th 1991 at the place even or Védrines with landed, on a piece of ground offered by Mr Halépée. Inaugurated the October 31st 1991, by Mr Lavaud, then mayor, his assistants and city council men, and in the presence of his daughter Jeanne Ballet, born Védrines, (deceased since, and buried with the cemetery of Arrènes (23) the May 16th 1995, of his/her little girl and back little girl, the personalities, the press. Mr Frémont Andre, inter alia, collector of old postcards, has many documents on Védrines, is only, with Mister the mayor, and his Jeanne daughter, to have the photographs and a complete video cassette, creation and the installation of this stele.
Personalities related to the commune
- Auguste Tourtaud, French politician born in 1913 in Bussière-Dunoise, former communist deputy of Hollow (1945 - 1958).
- Common of Hollow the
- Bussière-Dunoise on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Bussière-Dunoise on the site of INSEE
- Bussière-Dunoise on the site of Quid
- Localization of Bussière-Dunoise on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Bussière-Dunoise on Mapquest
|Random links:||List rare diseases starting with a V | Gray wolves | Blood patch | Creation of pairs | Good-bye cherished | Tsu,_Mie|