Bullet For My Valentine
- Matthew Tuck (Matt): principal song/rhythmic guitar
- Rambo Nonox (Nounuo): guitar Solo
- Michael Padget (Padge): principal guitar/second song
- Jason James (Jay): low/Chant" Scream"
- Michael Thomas (Moose): battery
At the beginning, the group had as a name " Jeff Killed John" with Nik Cradle with low, which takes again traditional rock'n'roll such as Nirvana but the arrival of the bass player Jason James changes the musical orientation and the group re-elects " Opportunity in Chicago" for changing name finally again and being called " Bullet for My Valentine". Their style of music is a mixture of Heavy Metal of years 80-90, with sonorities being connected with Pantera or Metallica, and of hardcore punk, a very new emerging style. In October 2004, the group signs a contract at Sony BMG via the English label Visible Noise Records.
The road towards success
The group leaves a first EP entitled " Bullet for My Valentine" at Visible Noise on November 15th 2004 in Great Britain, and on November 30th, 2004 in the United States at Truskill Records. A second EP " Hand Off Blood" leaves on August 22nd at Truskill Records only to the United States.
In October 2005 leaves their true first album " The Poison " who makes known them through the whole world, particularly thanks to hits like " Suffocating Under Words Off Sorrow (What Edge I C) " whose clip was turned in the caves of Postojna in Slovenia, " All These Things I Hastens (Revolve Around Me) " who propels them in top of the charts in the United Kingdom and with the the United States. The name of the album their came to mind when which they carried out that their style would be propagated everywhere a such poison to which it would be difficult to cure it. Some time after, in the month from May-June 2006, leaves their new individual " Tears Don' T Fall " who, once more is a genuine paperboard everywhere in the world.
The group will start its European round this year while passing by the French capital, Paris, for the first date of this European round on October 31st with the Elysium Montmartre (deferred to November 12th, Matt Tuck being sick). It is obviously not their first passage in the capital since Bullet For My Valentine already played Black Boule on March 8th, 2006. Little time after, the group ensured the first part of the Pink Guns for their round but also that of Metallica for the " Europe Escape from the studio tour" in Europe like that of Iron Maiden for their American round.
Bullet For My Valentine will also leave their very first DVD entitled " Live At Brixton" concert day before in France. This DVD is as its name indicates it the concert filmed to the mythical room of the Carling Brixton Academy on January 28th, 2006 with in fuller with no-claims bonus such as for example all the videotex of the group, the photographs or the " Bullet TV" , a series of humorous mini-films, filmed by members of the group.
The second album entitled " Scream Aim Fire" on January 28th, 2008 in the whole world and the 29 will leave to the United States. " Scream Aim Fire" was produced by Colin Richardson (Machine Head, Funeral For has Friend) which also produced " The Poison" , and was recorded in Sonic Ranch, close to El Paso, in 2007. According to the frontman Matt Tuck, the eleven songs are " in a very melody register heavy metal with sung refrains and passages hookers and a very intense basic music and heavy it is much faster than The Poison, and also much more agressif."
Group BFMV has as an inspiration:
- Iron Maiden
- Black Sabbath
- Judas Priest
- Arch Enemy
- Hand off Blood (EP) (2004)
4 Words (To Choke Upon)
- Hand Of Blood
- Shout in Vain
- No Control
- Just Another Star
- The Poison (2005)
Scream Aim Fire (2008)
Creeping death was also taken again for compilation 1164 of the Kerrang magazine!
- Eye off The Storm of exclusiveness on compilation in the Kerrang magazine!
Their principal material
- Jackson Randy Rhodos Custom RR1T - White
- Jackson Randy Rhodos RR1T - Black
- Peavey 6505 100w Head
- Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4X12 Slanted Cabinet
- Morley Bad Horsie Wah Wah Pedal
- Boss Chanel Selector
- Ibanez Tubes Screamer
- Gibson Flying V custom mirrored signal finish
- Esp Dave Mustaine Signature Model with EMG 81/60
- Esp Ninja Michael Amott Signature Model
- Mesa Boogie Triples To rectify 100w Head
- Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4X12 Slanted Cabinet
- Boss Chorus Together
- Boss Line Selector
- Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler
- Sandberg BASIC - Black Burst
- Sandberg BASIC PM - Black Burst
- Mesa Boogie Mr.-Pulsates 600 Simul-State
- Mesa Boogie 6x10 Powerhouse Cabinet
- Pearl Masters Maple Kit with finished Diamond Burst:
- 2x 22x18 Low drums
Pearl Masters Custome Snare Drum with finished Silver Sparkle:
Cymbals - Zildjian:
- 18" K
- 18" clouded; In Custom Medium Crash landing
- 19" In Custom Medium Crash landing
- 14" In Custom Hi-Hats
- 6.5" Zilbel Mounted Upside Down Over Wrinkles Cymbal Bell
- 22" In Custom Projection Wrinkles
- 18" In Custom Medium Crash landing
- 19" K Dry Clouded
- the group gains in 2005 the Kerrang! award for the price of the “Best New British Group”, and decides to accept an offer of Kerrang! to be with the poster of their round at the time of the 25th birthday of Kerrang.
- In 2006, BFMV gains the price of Metal Hammer Golden God Award for the “Best British Group”.
- In 2006, the group gains the price of the Kerrang! award in the category of the “Best Individual British” with the song “Tears Don' T Fall”, extracted the album “The Poison”
- On scene, the members of the group wear Tee-shirts to the effigy of their idols such as Slayer, Iron Maiden, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Trivium, Aiden, Megadeth, The Punisher like Lamb off God, a group that the particularly affectionate bass player. One also notices a docker of LostProphets in the clip Tears Don' T Fall
- During their concerts Bullet for My Valentine encourages his fans to take part in mosh pits, Circle pit S, and with the Mur of dead the.
- Official site
- Official Myspace French
- French Fansite
- French Forum
|Random links:||Tony Heurtebis | Structural violence | Charles Jules Parlier | Etxalar | Season LAH 1983-1984 | Andreas_Feininger|