See also: Lee
Bruce Lee (real name: 李振藩 Lee Jun Fan; name of loan: 李小龍 Li Long Xiao, Li the small dragon ) (name vietnam IEN: Ly Tieu Long), was born with Jackson Street Hospital, in the Chinatown of San Francisco, the United States, the November 27th 1940, and died of a cerebral edema with HongKong (China) the July 20th 1973. It is Réalisateur, Acteur, producing, American Scénariste of Chinese origin . He is regarded as the largest actor of Martial arts of the 20th century.
BiographyBorn the November 27th 1940. Bruce Lee was high with HongKong. His/her father, Lee Hoi Chuen was actor, high-speed motorboat of the Opéra of Canton, which made it possible Lee to appear in several Chinese films during its childhood.
Bruce Lee started to study the Wing Chun (詠春 pinyin: yong3 chun1; Jyutping: wing4 ceon1) (a style of Kung Fu) in the school of the famous Master Yip Man at the 13 years age, after being itself made “correct” during a street battle.
In 1959, Lee went back to the United States to validate its American nationality there and because his/her mother wanted to move away it from the gangs of Chinese streets. It entered to the Edison Technical School, with Seattle, then continued studies of Philosophie to the Université of Washington. It is there that it met his future wife, Linda Emery, a young coed, by giving him courses of kung fu. They married with Oakland on August 17th 1964. Bruce and Linda will have two children, Brandon and Shannon.
It is at that time, which Bruce Lee started to teach seriously the Kung fu by opening a school. Bruce Lee taught with all those which wanted to learn a style that it had developed: the Jun Fan. What was badly perceived by the other schools of martial arts which judged that Kung Fu was to be taught only with Chinese. It is because of that Bruce Lee had to take up a challenge. If it lost, it was to close its school…
Bruce Lee gained the duel but realized of the limits of its martial art and started to call into question the effectiveness of traditional martial arts. What will lead to the creation of the Jeet Kune Do (“the way of the fist which intercepts”) using blows external in Kung Fu. Jeet Kune Do aimed at being more practical, more fluid and more rapid that Kung Fu. It was also thought in order to be a system of muscular drive effective.
Bruce Lee was made famous while incarnating the role of Kato in the televised series the green Frelon ( The Green Hornet ), also called, in its native land, " the Kato Show". It took down the role following a demonstration of kung fu which it made during the international Tournoi of karate Length Beach in 1964. But its cinematographic career began really only once return to HongKong.
Bruce Lee died on July 20th 1973 with HongKong and was buried with the cemetery of Lake View with Seattle. Although rumors circulate on the reasons of its death, the official cause is a Réaction allergic to a Analgésique, a rare case of over-sensitiveness to the équagésic.
Although he played only in some films and televisual series, Bruce Lee incarnates the weak man reaching the apogee of the physical perfection and invincibility with the combat with naked hands. Its glory amorça in the West a great interest for the Martial arts Chinese.
The October 16th 2005, the producing Raymond Chow affirmed with the Associated Press that old the star of films of Kung fu Bruce Lee, died at the 32 years age, is deceased after having taken a bad drug. He succumbed to a edema in 1973 whereas he was at the Actrice hong-kongaise Betty Ting Pei. The medical examiner had then concluded with an accidental death, which had fed the rumors of catch of Drogue S. Raymond Chow, cofounder of the Studios Golden delicious Harvest, explained that the actor had taken a drug against the headache to which it was very sensitive whereas it was not at his place. “The conclusion is that it was about an accident”. He in addition declared that he had been personally devastated by the death of Bruce Lee, a drama which had pushed it to suspend the preparation of the Jeu of dead the , last film of the actor.
The martial line
Catalog of films
- 1941 : Golden Spoils Girl . He plays a child.
- 1946 : The Birth off Mankind
- 1948: Fu GUI fu yun , or Wealth is Like has Dream
- 1949: Meng Li xi shi , or Sai See in the Dream . He plays " Yam Lee".
- 1950 : Xi read xiang , or The Kid , or My Its, Ah Chung . He plays " Lee Siu Lung".
- 1951 : Ren zhi cue aka Infancy . He plays " Ngau".
- 1953 : Qian wan ren jia
- 1953 : Fu zhi guo , or Blame it one Father or Father' S Fault
- 1953: Ku hai ming deng , or The Guiding Light
- 1953: Ci driven lei , or has Mother' S Tears
- 1953: Wei lou chun xiao , or In the Face off Demolition
- 1955: Gu xing xue lei
- 1955 : Gu er xing
- 1955: Have aka Love
- 1955: Have xia ji , or Love Share 2
- 1955: naked er zhai , or We Owe It to Our Children
- 1956: Zhia dian Na fu
- 1957: Lei yu , or The Thunderstorm
- 1960: Ren hai gu hong , or The Orphan . He plays " Ah San".
- 1966 : the green Frelon (televised series)
- 1969: Winslow Wong in the Waltz of the gangsters (Marlowe) of Paul Bogart
- 1971: Cheng Chao-year in The Big Boss (Tang shan da xiong) of Lo Wei. The film which made of him a star in all Asia then the Occident.
- 1972 : Chen Zhen in fury to overcome (Fist off Fury, Jing wu men) of Lo Wei. Historical film, whose adaptation was played later by Jet Li ( Fist off Legend ).
- 1972 : Tang Lung / Dragon in fury of the dragon (The Way off the Dragon, long Meng guojiang) of Bruce Lee, with Chuck Norris in one of her first roles for a combat in Colisée of Rome, where the hero defends a Chinese restaurant.
- 1973 : Lee in Operation dragon ( Enter the Dragon ) of Robert Clouse. “American” film of Bruce Lee, produced by the Warner.
- 1978 : Billy Lo in play of dead the ( Range off Death ) of Robert Clouse. This film contains only some scenes actually turned by Bruce Lee, a double, back, being given the responsability to join scattered pieces which one will retain at the bottom only the combat with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Film on Bruce Lee
Documentary on Bruce Lee
- Bruce Lee: In Warrior' S Journey - Documentary of John Little based on the book of the same name.
- Bruce Lee: The Curse off the Dragon - With interviews of the former students of Bruce Lee and its entourage.
- Bruce Lee: The Immortal Dragon - Documentary of Biography Chanel .
- Bruce Lee: The Man, the Myth - Film biographical.
- Jeet Kune C - Documentary of Wah Chan. More directed on the JKD.
Books of Bruce Lee
- Thought Percussion or the Wisdom of the Philosophical Combatant, by Bruce Lee, Translation (Serge Mairet), (Budo Editions).
- Homage to the Dragon Eternal (Texts of Bruce Lee), Translation (Serge Mairet), (Budo Editions).
- Bruce Lee' S Fighting Method 1-4 , written by Bruce Lee.
- Chinese Gung-Fu: The Philosophical Art off Coil Defense , written by Bruce Lee.
- The CAT off Jeet Kune C , written by Bruce Lee.
Books on Bruce Lee and the Jeet kune C
- Absorb What Is Useful - Writing by daN Inosanto, on the practice of the JKD.
- Bruce Lee Between Wing Chun and JKD - Writing by Jesse Glover.
- Bruce Lee: Dynamic Becoming - a book on the philosophy of Bruce Lee.
- Bruce Lee: Fighting Spirit - a biography of Bruce Thomas.
- Striking Thoughts - Thoughts and quotations of Bruce Lee.
- The CAT off Bruce Lee - Writing by Davis Miller, on the life of Bruce Lee.
- Bruce Lee: The Art off Expressing the Human Body - Book directed towards the physical preparation and the drive of Bruce Lee.
Video gameDragon: The Bruce Lee Story : The player incarnates Bruce Lee and combat various adversaries. This play is directly drawn from the film " Dragon" left on the Super Nintendo and the Megadrive Sega.
In the series of the Street Fighter , Fei-Length is strongly inspired by the actor.
Two other plays also left, one on Xbox in September 2002 which names Bruce Lee: Quest Off The Dragon and the second in March 2003 on Game Boy Advance which him names Bruce Lee: Return Off The Legend . Both tell an invented history where the character is called Bruce Lee.
|Random links:||Algemene Inlichtingen- in Veiligheidsdienst | Cross of mission | Michel III Obrenović | Grrrowl de Greenville | Chauncey Wright|