It has a brother Stephen, currently player with River Rats of Albany.
Career in clubGionta was selected as a 82e choice of the Repêchage of entry in the LNH 1998 by the Devils of the New Jersey. It is graduate Boston College with which it will play four seasons before reaching the draft.
The first season within Devils, Gionta played forty matches for the team holds frankness but it very quickly becomes an important component of the team and reaches the eliminatory Séries (elimination with the first turn).
During the Saison LNH 2002-03 it gains with its team the Coupe Stanley and is since faithful to Devils. During the lockout 2004-06 , it plays for the team holds of Devils with which it had already played.
There is currently the smallest player of the National league of hockey but remains terrible when he is aligned with his fellow-members of the line EGG : Patrik Elias and Scott Gum. The March 28th 2006, he becomes the first player of the history of the frankness to mark more than 40 goals since 2000-01. The last match of the season, it beats the record of Pat Verbeek for the number of goals marked in one season (48). He is also the best striker of the history of Devils in numerical superiority with 24 goals.
- 1997-98 : Selected in the team of the recruits of the year of the organization of hockey of the New England of NCAA, in the second team of the east of stars of the season of the NCAA, better recruit of the year and selected in the second American team of the east of the NCAA.
- 1998-99 : Selected in the first team of the east of stars of the season of the NCAA and in the first American team of the east of the east of the NCAA.
- 1999-00 : Selected in the first team of the east of stars of the season of the NCAA and in the first American team of the east of the east of the NCAA.
- 2000-01 : Selected in the first team of the east of stars of the season of the NCAA, in the first American team of the east of the east of the NCAA, trophy of the best player of American nationality of New England of the NCAA and player of the year of the organization of hockey of the New England of NCAA.
- 2002-03 : Cut Stanley with the Devils of the New Jersey
Statistical in career
International careerGionta was selected to make left the team of the United States of hockey present at the Winter Olympics of 2006 with Turin (Italy) and which finishes in the 8th place. It marks 4 goals in 6 matches and takes 2 minutes of penalties
|Random links:||Post-industrialist | Saint-Pamphile | Jean-Rene Gomaire | Claude the White | Mário Rui Correia Tomás | Cheryl_Holdridge|