The inhabitants of Bressuire are called the Bressuirais .
GeographyClose cities (30 to 40 kilometers) Thouars, Parthenay, Cholet. Bressuire is located at approximately an hour of Route large Agglomération S of the West: Nantes, Poitiers, Angers and Niort; Located on the RN 149 (E62) future NR 249 connecting Nantes to Poitiers, the city is served by the rail with daily connections towards Paris via Saumur and Tours in FOR THE THIRD TIME last generation, and towards the Rock on Yon.
Administration|- ||| 1838 - 1842 || Felix Pihouë |- ||| 1842 - 1852 || Constantin Leclerc |- ||| 1852 - 1865 || Charles Bienvenu |- ||| 1865 - 1871 || Clodomir Barbaud || ||align=" center" | Owner |- ||| 1871 - 1874 || Bathilde Bernard ||align=" center" | Republican ||align=" center" | Owner |- ||| 1874 - 1876 || Camille Dupuis ||align=" center" | Monarchist ||align=" center" | Doctor |- ||| 1876 - 1898 || Bathilde Bernard ||align=" center" | Republican ||align=" center" | Owner |- ||| 1898 - 1901 || Henri Ardouin |- ||| 1901 - 1941 || Rene Hery ||align=" center" | Socialist radical ||align=" center" | Lawyer |- ||| 1941 - 1944 || Andre Rousselot |- ||| 1944 - 1960 || Didier Bernard || ||align=" center" | Doctor |- ||| 1960 - 1975 || Alain Metayer || ||align=" center" | Doctor |- ||| 1975 - 2001 || Claude Boutet ||align=" center" | Socialist radical|| |- ||| March 2001 || Jean-Michel Bernier ||align=" center" | Moderate right-hand side||
EconomyIt is the second industrial pole and Artisanal of the department of the Two-Sevres. Bressuire is a dynamic city having a low level of Chômage: it was in June 2007 in lower part of 4%. The many industrial parks and of activities located in periphery of the city are the seat of varied SME.
The city has a dynamic downtown area laid out around its Gambetta streets, of Huchette, Ernest Pérochon and of its places of May 5th, of the war veterans, Notre Dame and Emile Zola mainly. It has the appendix of the Chamber of commerce and industry of Two-Sevres for the North of the department.
Bressuire counts two hypermarkets with their retail park, a supermarket and three large surfaces at low prices.
- German Lecomte (1889 - 1966) (creative of mode and costumes for the cinema)
- Catherine Breillat (Novelist, director, actress and French scenario writer)
- Coralie of the L5 (singer resulting from the emission of tele reality Popstars )
- max Ingrand
- " Chantal" (the brown one…) series " OUPS, SAMANTHA" on France 2 studied in Bressuire
Tourist monuments and places
- Church Notre-Dame having been renovated as of 1999 following the Storm of December. Old the Peinture S mural was revealed.
- municipal Musée
- Chapelle Saint Cyprien
- Bressuire has a cinema (2 rooms) in downtown area, five hotels and about fifteen restaurants. Near the city a discotheque is located.
BOCAPOLE is an ambitious complex dedicated to event-driven adding up 10.000 m ² covered and integrating at the same time a theater and congress (from 1.100 to 2.500 places), an auditorium (400 places) and a market of exposure dedicated to the professional living rooms and general public.
SportsBressuire is a sporting city par excellence gathering about all the possible sports in a commune of less than 10000 inhabitants.
- In addition to its team of Basketball which will try to save its place in N3 in 2005 - 2006, the Handball eurs of the city will aim at a place in top of table in the championship of regional excellence.
- Bressuire also counts a club of Baseball, " The Garocheurs " , founded in 1987 as well as a skate-park of 1200m ² (Stage Sharecropper) and BMX-park (Saint-Porchaire).
let us not forget its club of judo; the Judo club of the scrap-metal bressuirais
- Common of Two-Sevres
Official site of the town of Bressuire
- Official site of Bocapole
- Site of the club of baseball " Garocheurs"
- History and Patrimoine of Bressuirais
- Site of the association of the users of FOR THE THIRD TIME in Bressuire
- Site of the lines FOR THE THIRD TIME of north Poitou
- Bressuire on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Bressuire on the site of INSEE
- Bressuire on the site of Quid
- Localization of Bressuire on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Bressuire on Mapquest
- Site of the Joint committee Bressuire-Ryazan
- Site of the association of twinning Bressuire-Friedberg
- Site of the Country of the Scrap-metal Bressuirais
|Random links:||EXOSAT | South African National Act Toilets | Enfield (London) | Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán | Athrotaxis|