Located at the edge of the the North Sea, at the border with the Belgium, the commune is between the Métropole of Dunkirk to 15 kilometers in the west and the small town of the Breakdown (Belgium) with in the east (10 kilometers by the road but just a little more than two kilometers by the Plage).
Bray-dunes is the most septentrional commune of France, areas and overseas territories included.
HistoryFounded in 1883 by Alphonse Bray, ship-owner in Dunkirk, Bray-Dunes at its origin was a Hameau of Ghyvelde. The city took its name following the gifts which it carried out for the inhabitants, of which mainly the old people's home intended to accommodate the old ones, fishing at the coast tired.
Places and monuments
Personalities related to the commune
the song Bray-Dunes of the group Galimède, whose history is a true anthem at the city, is very popular in North.
- the beach of Malo Bray-Dunes is also the place of the song a kiss of Alain Souchon on his album With the short-nap cloth of the daisies .
- Giant Dunes of Flandres
- of North
- Extremely of the dunes
- List of the seaside resorts French
- Common of North
- List of extreme points of France
Intercommunity association of the Dunes of Flanders
- nonofficial Site on the town of Bray-Dunes
- Bray-Dunes on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Bray-Dunes on the site of INSEE
- Bray-Dunes on the site of Quid
- Localization of Bray-Dunes on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Bray-Dunes on Mapquest
|Random links:||DES Ã‰checs de FÃ©dÃ©ration Internationale | Years 340 | Polysynodie | Unterems | Cupronickel | Ewondo | Arbanieh | Boeuf-Cintrer_l'incident|