Archaeological research made it possible to put at the day several sites going up the Gallo-Roman period. Among those, a necropolis with a material the 2nd century and buildings with artisanal function. The old way which went from Tournai to Blicquy, used during the Gallo-Roman préiode and with the Middle Ages, juxte the village of Braffe.
The oldest mention of Braffe appears in a charter of 1098. One can read there that the furnace bridge of Brafia is given to the Abbaye of Liessies. One also finds there the seigniory of Braffe and Quesnoy which depends on the baronnie of Leuze.
CuriosityIn front of the Saint-Michel church a very beautiful ansée Croix is, of which the octagonal foot is made of two squares carved in quincunx with reliefs. If this cross is of origin, it indicates the presence with Braffe of the Templiers, towards 12th or 13th century.
- Resistance 1940-1944: ground of parachuting
|Random links:||Homosexuality in Islam | PolÃtica de Egipto | In Times Thesis | Fauna of Chad | Alan Heim | Echenillor of Sumba | Stephen_Frick|