Its inhabitants are Bréançonnais (be).
The name of Bréançon comes from the pre-Gallic briga , height, followed suffix - ant and of - onem.
The territory of the commune is occupied as of the Antique time as the discovery of Gallo-Roman foundations to the locality attests it Marette. The village undergoes the devastations of the Guerre One hundred Year old like several villages of Vexin and sees its destroyed church. The seigniory of Bréançon belongs in 1759 to the marquis de Gouy, to brigadier of the armies of the king, and to general lieutenant of Île-de-France.
The village is served until in 1949 by the railway line to metric gauge track of local interest Valmondois - Navy, inaugurated in 1886. During the First World War, the French troops is confined on the commune, then the German troops and finally the American troops during the Second world war.
Monuments and places of visit
the church Saint-Crepin-and-Saint-Crépinien goes back to the 12th century. Partially destroyed during the War One hundred Year old, it was rebuilt at the beginning of the 16th century. It is built in the shape of Latin cross and has a chorus of the 13th century with flat bedside. The bell-tower was restored in 1914. The bell goes back to 1587.
Notes, sources and references
|Random links:||Legal capacity | Walkman | Prlita | Automobile Grand Prix of Germany 1966 | Arcadie | Échecs_rapides|