See also: Boves (homonymy)
GeographyThe town of Boves is located at nine kilometers in the south of the town of Amiens, regional capital, with the confluence of the Avre and the Noye.
AdministrationBoves is the chief of its canton, including/understanding 23 communes.
July 1185: Philippe-Auguste signed a treaty which enabled him to acquire part of Picardy. Treaty of Boves
Places and monuments
- ruins of the strong castle (12° century):
Natural reserve of the marshes of Saint-Miser (13 ha):
Personalities related to the commune
- Jean de Boves, author of several French tale in verse.
- August 1835: Victor Hugo visit ruins of the Castle.
- Canton of Boves
- Common of the Sum
- Arrows and bell-towers of the district of Amiens in 1908
- Boves on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Boves on the site of INSEE
- Boves on the site of Quid
- Localization of Boves on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Boves on Mapquest
|Random links:||240 | Universidad de Princeton | The Community of communes of the Country of Sauxillanges | Hills montérégiennes | Cross from Africa of the footballing nations 1994 | Adolphe Steinheil | Reiner_Knizia|