Botanical garden Jean Massart
The experimental Botanical garden Jean Massart (in Dutch: Plantentuin Jean Massart ) is located at Brussels, commune of Auderghem, near the Abbaye of the Red-Cloister of which it occupies five hectares of the old arable lands. Its collections expose nearly 2000 S.
Place with multiple vocation, it is at the same time:
a experimental Botanical garden: research center, it shelters laboratories of Génétique, vegetable ecology and morphology and a climatic center
- a didactic place and of ecological documentation: the collections of outdoor provide the didactic material for the future biologists, agronomists and pharmacists of ULB. They are also used for information at disposal of the public and the schools for which are organized guided visits and training courses and animations for children. Various publications are also proposed.
- an alive museum, place of conservation of plant species: it makes it possible to discover and preserve certain threatened plant varieties
- a landscape park and a natural reserve open to the public: it is also a pleasant place of walk arranged with an obvious esthetic concern
It includes/understands several sections:
- a Arboretum comprising indigenous and exotic gasolines
- a Orchard and its old fruit-bearing varieties
- a garden of medicinal plants aromatic or toxic
- a botanical garden cultivated classified according to their use by the man
- an evolutionary garden which presents more than 600 types of plants and flowers introduced or indigenous, which are concentrated by species grouped according to the broad outlines of the evolution of the plants to flowers, of the primitive types to the more advanced types
- a Wetland, Natural reserve comprising sources and ponds which are in relation to ponds of the close Red-Cloister
- the site of the Garden Massart
|Random links:||Biophotonique | Carros del fuego | Geoffroy Ier of Anjou | Acris gryllus | Oai Star | Friuli Latisana Pinot Bianco | USS_Absecon|