GeographyBorough-in Oisans a central position in a plain of altitude resulting from an old lake occupies, where the six valleys of the Oisans meet. The village is crossed by the Romanche a few kilometers downstream from the throats of Infernet. The plain of Borough-in Oisans is bordered in north by the solid mass of the Russet-red Grandes in North and the South by the solid mass of the Pelvoux. The valley of Borough of Oisans is a high place of alpine geology, with the geological structures very visible (fold S, Chevauchement S, normal faults) and with the Minéralogie rich and spectacular.
Borough-in Oisans belongs to the National park of the Jewel cases.
Localities and variations
Communes borderingLivet-and-Gavet, Oulles, Villard-Our-Lady, Villard-Reymond, Auris, Allemont, Venosc, Guard-in-Oisans, OZ, Ornon.
HistoryCrossing point of a Roman way.
In the past called the St. Lawrence of the Lake.
Old lead and gold mines.
2004, departure of the stage of the Tour de France cyclist until the Large-Bornand , victorious Lance Armstrong after a stage of 204,5 km.
TourismBorough-in Oisans the winter by the skiers is attended. During the summer the village, that the Tour de France crosses almost each year, is attended by the cyclists come to face the large collars of the area and in particular rise towards Alpe d' Huez which dominates the village.
|- | 2001 ||Lionel Payen || |- | 19. ||Bernard Chollet || |- | 19. ||Roland Martin || |}
- Church of the 19th (Romance origin)
Civil inheritanceMuseum of Minerals and the Fauna of the Alps : important mineral collections; fossils and animals of the area of Oisans.
- Général Henri Jules Battles, (9/11/1816 with the Borough of Oisan -8/1/1882)
- Robert Puissant: (12/1/1934 with the Borough-D' Oisans) diplomatic, ambassador in Oceania (1980-83) then in Rwanda (1983-86), he is general consul from France to Casablanca as from 1989.
- Fabienne Serrat: (7/5/1956 with the Borough-D' Oisans) sporting, member of the team of France of ski since 1970, slalomeuse, was twice gold medal-holder in 1974 with St-Moritz (championships of the world) in giant slalom and compound.
- Common of Isere
- Internet site of the tourist office of Borough-in Oisans
- Internet site oisans-history
|Random links:||Sexualidad humana | Tristan Bernard | With beautiful teeth | Forces implied in the battle of Smolensk in 1941 | Elena Medel | Sexuality of the Gallic one | Monticello,_comté_de_Lafayette,_le_Wisconsin|