The September 18th is the 261e Jour of the Année (262e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 104 days before the end of the année. It was the Jour of the genius in the republican Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1049 : Demolished Byzantine army , directed by Liparit, in the plain of Pasin, in front of that of the Turks Seldjoukides, directed by Ýbrahim Yýnall, general governor of Azerbaïdjan, and Kutalmış Bey, obeying the orders of the sultan seldjoukide Tuğrul Bey, who made 100.000 prisoners and recovered 15.000 cart-loads of spoils.
- 1544 : The Sweden is combined with the France to make failure with the coalition of the Denmark with the Germanic Roman Holy roman Empire.
- 1759 : The France gives up its colonial Empire North-American with the Great Britain and the Spain.
- 1762 : Capitulation of the Fort of Midsummer's Day (Ground-New-and-Labrador) held by the French.
- 1794 : In France, separation of the Church and the State
- 1810: First Junta National of Chile.
- 1851 : First publication of the Newspaper the NewYork Times .
- 1860 : Battle of Castelfidardo, at the time which the troops of Cavour of the Royaume of Piedmont-Sardinia beat the pontifical troops, without intervention of the French troops of Rome.
- 1898 : British incident free of Fachoda. Meet colonial troops Frenchwoman and English, causing sharp tensions between the two powers, each one wanting to take possession of the Sudan.
- Broussilov stops the Russian offensive vis-a-vis the German .
- the Greek go to the Germans to Kavalla (Greece).
- 1931 :
- the Japanese make the seat of Moukden and occupy of other strategic points in Mandchourie.
- Annexation of the Mandchourie by the Japan
- 1934: Admission of the Soviet Union with the Company of the Nations.
- 1947 :
- Inauguration of the Way of Freedom.
- Promulgation of the National Security Act with the the United States
- 1948: The Communists indonésiens install government of a Soviet type to Java, before being constrained with the fold.
- 1961 : Died in an air crash, in Rhodesia of North, the Norwegian Dag Hammarskjöld, general secretary of UNO.
- 1967 : The United States announces their intention to build a shield anti-missile, in order to face any attack on behalf of China.
- 1971 : Egyptians and Israelis have exchanged rocket fires over Suez Canal, for the first time for the cease-fire, 13 month earlier.
- 1973 : Both Germany become members of UNO, as well as the Bahamas.
- 1975 : Arrest of Patricia Hearst, the girl of the last billionaire on the side of his kidnappers.
- 1981 : Vote with the Parliament of the abolition of the Capital punishment in France. At the French Parliament, the capital punishment is abolished by 369 votes against 113. (The law of abolition was promulgated on October 9th, 1981)
- 1987: Washington and Moscow manages an agreement in principle on a treaty concerning the nuclear weapons.
- 1988 :
- a Putsch in Burma replaces the president Maung Maung by the general Saw Maung.
- the general Prosper April seizes the power with Haiti.
- 1989 : Six people died at the time of the passage of the hurricane Hugo on Puerto Rico.
- 1997 : Short victory of the yes (50,3%) to the Wales, at the time of a referendum on the autonomy of the country.
- 1998 :
- Formation of ICANN
- 2003 :
- the Isabel hurricane falls down on the east coast of the the United States.
- islamist French Pierre Robert, known as Yacoub , 31 years, shown terrorist enterprise with the Morocco at the sides of 33 Moroccan accomplices, is condemned to the life imprisonment by the criminal court of Rabat.
- 2005 :
- the former Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin is re-elected senator of the Vienna.
- Germany in full confusion at the conclusion of the anticipated legislative elections which do not give majority between the party of Angela Merkel (CDU/CSU) which obtains a score hardly higher than that of the chancellor Gerhard Schroder (SPD); a phase of negotiations to form a coalition opens.
- First legislative elections since 36 years in Afghanistan.
- 53 : Trajan, Roman Emperor
- 1539: Louis IV of Nevers, noble Italian-French, duke of Nevers and Rethel († October 23rd 1595, 56 years)
- 1763: Antonio Romero, Spanish Matador († May 5th 1802).
- 1765 : Gregoire XVI, pope
- 1809: Armand Barbès, French politician († June 26th 1870)
- 1819: Leon Foucault, physicist and astronomer French
- 1852: Octave Callandreau, French astronomer († February 13rd 1904)
- 1900: Seewoosagur Ramgoolam, Prime Minister of Maurice († December 15th 1985)
- 1905: Greta Garbo, Swedish actress
- 1908: Viktor Amazaspovitch Ambartzoumian, Armenian astrophysicist
- 1917: François de Labouchère, Aviator French of the Second world war, Companion of the Release. († September 5th 1942).
- 1921 : Guy Tréjan, French actor
- 1921: Maria Judite de Carvalho, Portuguese writer († 1998).
- 1924 : J.D. Tippit, police officer of Dallas died in service at the time of the Assassination of John F. Kennedy († November 22nd 1963)
- 1933: Valentina Ponomaryova, Soviet suction-cosmonaut
- 1935: Dimitri, Swiss clown
- 1939: Frankie Avalon, American singer
- 1940: Abbas El Fassi, First Moroccan minister (since October 2002)
- 1944: Charles L. Veach, American astronaut († October 3rd 1995)
- 1946: Rocío Jurado, singer and Spanish actress
- 1948: Dominique Chapatte, French journalist
- 1951: Marc Surer, Swiss racing driver
- 1954: Takao DOI, Japanese spationaut
- 1961: Bernard Werber, French writer
- 1969: Cappadonna, American rappor
- 1971: Lance Armstrong, American cyclist
- 1973: Mark Shuttleworth, South-African contractor
- 1974: Ground Campbell, English footballer
- 1982: Lukas Reimann, politicking Switzerland
- 96 : Domitien, Roman Emperor
- 1180: Louis VII the Young person, king de France (° 1120).
- 1356 : Louis de Brosse, Holy-Severe lord of (°Ca 1304)
- 1783: Leonhard Euler, Swiss mathematician
- 1811: Andre Rigaud, general of the Haitian revolution (° 1761)
- 1872: Charles XV of Sweden, king of Sweden and Norway
- 1904: Herbert von Bismarck
- 1925: Joseph-Dominique Guay, business man Quebec ois
- 1939: Witkacy, philosopher, lampoonist, painter, photographer and novelist Polish (° February 24th 1885)
- 1961: Dag Hammarskjöld, general secretary of UNO since 1953
- 1967: Douglas John Cockcroft, American physicist
- 1970: Jimi Hendrix, guitarist of blues and American rock'n'roll (° November 27th, 1942)
- 1979: Andre Zeller, one of the four organizing generals of the Putsch of the generals to Algiers in 1961 (° January 1st 1898)
- 1992: Miriam Rocio Calve Perez, judge of the business Pablo Escobar
- 1999: Leo Valiani, chief of Italian Resistance during the Second world war
- 2004: Russ Meyer, American realizer (° March 21st, 1922)
- 2005: Jacques Lacarrière, French writer
- 2006: François Tamba Ndembe, Congolese sculptor, deceased with Kinshasa following cardiac problems. (° September 28th 1942)
- 2007: Abdallah Lee, singer and Djibouti type-setter, deceased with Poitiers at the age of 44ans.
Festivals and celebrations
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Nadege Girl of Holy Sonia, martyrized in Rome under Hadrian.
- Beaver of Alexandria (century?), martyr
- Didier of Strasbourg (Life/VIIe century), bishop martyr
Catholic saints of the day
- Joseph de Copertino (century?), franciscain apulien.
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Bidzina, Élisar and Chalva († 1661), princes de Géorgie
Saying of the day“Cold of the Holy-Nadege, announces for soon snow. ”
- September 18th in sport
- September 18th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Siejės 18 Be-X-old: 18 верасьня Fiu-vro: 18. süküskuu päiv Nds-nl: 18 september Simple: September 18 Zh-yue: 9 月 18 號
|Random links:||I Tartassati | Lovesong off the Three Kingdoms II | Joffre sorting | On Scene (album) | Cana editions|