GeographyPlacé on a rock piton, to 250 meters of altitude enters the rivers Uso and Rubicon. To 7 km of Santarcangelo, 17 km of Rimini.
HistoryThe conformation of the territory, and the strategic position, made possible the formation of many castles and the fortresses even placed at short distance from/to each other. Borghi, is the typical example of " commune; assemblée" several countries or fractions, formerly autonomous. To explain the history, indeed we will take into account those which were, a time, independent and autonomous localities although they were located at very little at distance one of the other. The Commune of Borghi is formed of the joined together territories of five fractions: San Giovanni in Galilea , Calbana , Converseto , Raggiano and Poggio de' Borghi .
Borghi (Castrum Podii Burgorum)We can affirm with safety which it was San Giovanni in Galilea the territory in the past populated, or better, it is in this zone that we have traces of the first and older castle. The “code bavaro” (or delivers in papyrus on which were noted the southernmost possessions and territories, until Perugia), of the Church of Ravenne) of X century, indeed, mentions San Giovanni in Galilea but not Converseto of which one has traces into 978. It is thus supposed that San Giovanni goes up well before this date.
Poggio de' Borghi on the other hand was completed around 1300, and had fortune to join together the localities close to Converseto and Raggiano in a single center which assumed the state of Commune around 1350. Until XVI dryness. it was almost exclusively and storage place of refuge of agricultural produce, with inside the walls, the communal Palate and that to build by Camillo Sassatelli, few houses and the underground cellars.
San Giovanni in GalileaIt is the oldest installation which dominates the valleys of the Uso, of the Rubicon and the Marecchia. It is a village surrounded of the ruins of the XIV and XV century old fortifications, and dominated in the west by what remains of Rocca (Malatesta palate of XVI dryness.). He was already inhabited during the eneolithic time thanks to the traces similar to those found in Rocca of Verucchio, which we can allot to the first installations of the Etruscan civilization which obviously colonized low the Romagna in an assiduous way, probably around the IV Av.JC century. The Celtic Senons, as would attest even the toponym " Galilea" (synonym of " Gaule").
At the time Roman it was " Conciliabolo ", place of meeting on occasion of religious holidays and markets, for the inhabitants disseminated in the small villages. Between the VI and the VII century, was built, with little with distance from the collar, with crossed various roads, a priory or church of missionaries and workmen of Ravenne, for the colonization and the evangelization of the territory. Then was ecclesiastical field of évêché of Rimini until the beginning of XIII dryness. and then passed under the jurisdiction of the Malatesta.
Obviously we have a history parallel and similar to that of Poggio de' Borghi , the more so as after the defeat of Sigismondo Pandolfo, work of the pope Pie II, was conceded in vicariate, in 1464, in Carlo Malatesta, faithful to papacy. Malatesta controlled for 200 years on San Giovanni, the last descendant was Sigismondo II Malatesta which supplemented the construction of Rocca and the church of S. Pietro, built towards half of the XV by the cousin Pandolfo II. To its death, in 1654, San Giovanni passed under the direct administration of the Saint Sits.
The Castle of San Martino in ConversetoWas probably built with XII dryness. close to the church of the same name and which goes back to one century earlier. Castle it remains today only vestiges of walls; the church from S.Margherita and the communal Palate disappeared. This Community was also autonomous, and shared the events of the Castle of Borghi until XVII dryness., before the Vicariate of Santarcangelo and then under Malatesta de Rimini and of Sogliano. It was destroyed, like Raggiano by the Company of the Tale Lando and then reconstituted. March 21st of the 1621 was sold by Sigismondo II of Malatesta to Monseigneur Francesco Sacrati (then Cardinal) for the price of 2000 ecus. It passed then to its heirs, the Marquis Tomaso and Monseigneur Alfonso Sacrati. In 1645, it was transmitted to S.Siège. Like the two other Castles, and directed for centuries by a Town council, elected official initially by an assembly of the household heads, then successively formed of the representatives of the easiest families.
- Second Sunday of May: the festival of " Bustreng " ; it is a rustic and tasty tart made containing blood of pig and onions whose local porkbutchers keep the trade secret jealously.
Communes borderingLongiano, Poggio Berni, Roncofreddo, Santarcangelo di Romagna, Sogliano Al Rubicone, Torriana
- Site of the commune of Borghi
|Random links:||Monfréville | Relaciones exteriores de los Marshall Islands | Krug champagne | Kathleen Woodiwiss | Max Obione | WrestleMania XI | Zhangzhou|