Bordj el Kiffan
The city is still sometimes called Fort of Water .
GeographyBordj el Kiffan is a coastal commune located at the east of the Wilaya of Algiers and which belongs to the agglomeration of Algiers. Vast by its surface, she knew strong and anarchistic urbanization of her rural areas during the last decade. Thus in addition to the city even of Bordj El Kiffan it includes the residential areas of Ben Mred and Dergana and Ben Zerga' .
Othoman periodIn 1556, the pasha Mohamed Kurdogli, governor of Algiers, makes build a fort on a rock at the seaside. The site is strategic since it controls the entry of bay of Algiers. Completed in 1581 by Jafer Pasha, the name of the fort east Bordj el Kiffan , “Extremely of the chasms”.
French colonizationIn 1835, Polish prince Mir Mirsky driven out of its country by the revolution was made grant a ground of more than 4.000 hectares around the farm of Rassauta or Close-cropped El Outa (head of the plain), involved in debt this last of yielding the property to the count del Valle de San Juan.
In 1851, Rassauta is édrigée in Commune of Full Exercise.
In 1881, after a new cutting which sees it lightening territories of Maison Carrée, White House and of Réghaïa then Rouiba, the Commune of Fort of Water is created.
It becomes a famous seaside resort, thus in the Années 1900 with a luxury hotel and a casino is built there.
In 1962, with independence, the commune took again its name of Bordj El Kiffan.
Town planningThe town of Bordj El Kiffan is built in the form of a new Ville with a large avenue which crosses of West in Is and around a rectangular small square and a grid of streets which desends to the sea.
Around one finds the residential districts of the Lido in the west, the districts of the Verte Bank and Boat-Broken in the East. In the south of the new fast voice which serves the communes of the of Algiers east recently constituted a new urban area around the hill of Mouhous.
- Bordj El Kiffan has had for one century be a tourist Ville. The avenue Ali Khodja (ex-avenue of France) is bordered of retaurants of grills, salesmen of ice of which most famous is the Iceberg ansi that bars and cabarets.
the restoration is in full rise especially in summer period with a prolongation of the activity towards the boulevard of the sea front to the Lido.
Récemment it is the hotel activity which developed since several hotels of standing were born or are in construction, as well as a small business district.
- Institute of higher learning of Management and Planning (ISGP)
- the common one counts two Colleges
- the National institute of Dramatic art (INAD)
- the first line of new the Tramway of Algiers in the course of construction will largely serve the commune which it goes tranverser over a 8 km length.
a new fast track (2x2 ways) is in the course of construction in the south. It will permetra the skirting of the downtown area and to connect more rapidmeent the offset balneal communes of the North-East of Wilaya (Bordj El Bahri, HTTP: /www.tamentfoust.blogspot.com El Marsa, Tamentfoust (ex Perugia) and Ain Taya) with the remainder of the Agglomeration of Algiers.
- the town of Bordj El Kiffan is known for its school of boxes and its club of Judo which provided several champions through the sporting assocition, CRBBK .
- the city has a room omnisport of 2000 places, a football stadium in tuff as well as a club of tennis including/understanding 4 beaten ground ground.
Personalities related to the commune
- the painter Baya (1931-1998)
- the actress Marthe Villalonga (1932-)
- the player of Rugby Jean-François Phliponeau (1950-1976)
- the choreographer Régine Chopinot (1952-)
- the judokate Salima Souakri (1974-)
- the boxer Belkif Boualem (1963) professional champion of Africa. (the third after Ould Makhloufi and Loucif Hamani)
- History of Extremely-in-the Eau on the site GeneaWiki
|Random links:||Piccadilly | HMS Phaeton | Operate of Toynbee | Acknowledgment of delivery | Vertigo moulinsiana | Diagramme_de_phrase|