Bonite is the vernacular Nom given to several fish species, cousins of the Thon S, the family of the Scombridae.
The gourmets regard bonito as best of all thonidés, the higher than the Thon and all the others.
Origin of the name : In Languedoc-Roussillon, one calls it Bounitou , in Provence, Bounicou , Boussicou or Palamida , in Italy Palamita .
- Family of the Scombridé S with 40 different species.
- scientific Name :
- Sarda sarda for the Bonito with back striped of the Atlantic in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea.
- Katsuwonus pelamis for that of the Pacific Ocean.
- Sarda chiliensis for that of the Eastern Pacific.
- Sarda australis for that of Australia.
- Description : the silhouette of bonito shaped than all the others is thonidés, the shape of its head more lengthened with a broader mouth, more split or opened. It seldom exceeds the 70-80 centimetres for a weight from 3 to 4 kg, but can reach 10 kg. The bonito of the Mediterranean is distinguished from that of the Pacific and the Atlantic, by the shape of the fins and the drawing of the stripes.
- Habitat : relatively not very common in the Atlantic, one finds it in the Mediterranean but especially in the Pacific.
- the bonito is everywhere in the Mediterranean and Black Sea, from where she emigrates towards the south during the last months of the year to return there from April at June. But it is along falling deep and of cliffs, that one is likely the most to find it. It is necessary that water is clear and hot, that there is a little current.
- In the Atlantic, of the North Sea in south, South Africa of Canada in Argentina. In the Azores one can find it by gigantic benches in the middle of the Thon S and of the sériole S.
- In all Pacific where it constitutes the most important species with 45% of the world catches (Japan, the United States, Peru)
- Lifestyle: very migrating fish, it swims close to surface.
- Food : Sardine S, mule S, flying fish driven out on the surface.
- Reproduction : lays in June 400 000 to 500.000 pelagic eggs.
List of fish
- List of fish of sea used in kitchen
|Random links:||Anita Pallenberg | Route main road 195 | Route Trans-Nord-Du-Québec | Genetta angolensis | Baker RF-47 | Yasser_Arafat|