Born in 1968 with Belgrade, Bojan Zulfikarpasic learns the piano as of the 5 years age. First of all familiar of the Yugoslav folklore, he discovers, with adolescence, the Beatles, Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel.
Become pianist in small formations of jazz of Belgrade; after a passage to New York during which it follows the master-class of piano of Clare Fisher then a return in Yugoslavia the time of its military service, it settles in France in 1988 and obtains the title of Better hope of the Yugoslav jazz in 1989.
À Paris, it becomes, in a few years, a musician impossible to circumvent of the scene jazz, thanks to its collaborations with No5el Akchoté, Henri Texier (group AZURE ), Michel Portal or Julien Lourau of which it makes knowledge by chance during the festival Jazz with Defense in 1990, and which becomes one of the musicians with which it occurs more.
The name of the group AZURE , which is a " déformation" was found by Henri Texier who, at the time, played in several groups of which that for which the piano was held by Bojan. It was the " group; in ZUlfikarpasic" , and " RAbeson" (Tony it beater of the group), which became " ZU-RA … " then, by erosion of language and bringing together to current words: " AZURE ".
Comme its name étaint not very easy to retain nor to pronounce by the French-speaking people, Bojan reduced it him even to Bojan Z (to pronounce " Bo' Y' - ass Zed") and recorded besides its first album under this name since 1993. This album signs the beginning of a prolific discography.
Its most famous albums are Koreni (1998) and its disc in solo, judiciously entitled Solobsession (2001). It tried the New Yorkean adventure with its album Transpacifik , in 2003 where it gives up its usual partners for two of the musicians of sessions of recording most talented American: Scott Collie and Nasheet Waits. A new album, to the richly connoted title ( Xenophonia ) left in May 2006, where Bojan Z uses the xénophone, instrument of its invention. Its music is a tinted jazz of sonorities of Eastern Europe in subtle proportioning.
Bojan Zulfikarpasic received in 2002 the title of Chevalier about Arts and the Letters
As a leader
- Bojan Z four-bit byte (Blue Label, 1993)
- Yopla! (Blue Label, 1995)
- Koreni (Blue Label, 1999)
- Solobsession (Blue Label, 2000)
- Transpacifik (Blue Label, 2003)
- Xenophonia (Blue Label, 2006)
As a musician of sessions of recording
- Jacques Bolognesi Big Band, Caravanserai (OMD 1988)
- Courteous Vincent, Turkish Blend (Al Over 1992)
- Sylvain Beuf four-bit byte, Impro Firstly (Big Blue Records 1993)
- Henri Texier Azure four-bit byte, Year Indian' S Week (Blue Label 1993)
- Sarajevo continuation , Two Z/the digital fingerprint (1994)
- Henri Texier Sonjal septet, Mad NOMAD (S) (Blue Label 1995)
- Michel Portal, Dockings (Blue Label 1997)
- Simon Spang-Hanssen, Urgent Blue (Storyville 1997)
- Nguyên the, the Maghreb Friends (ACT 1997)
- Henri Texier Azure quintet, Mosaîc Man (Blue Label 1998)
- Karim Ziad, Ifrikyia (ACT 2000)
- Julien Lourau, The Small channel (Label Blue 2001)
- Henri Texier Azure quintet, String Spirit (Blue Label 2002)
- Nguyên the, Purple-celebrating Jimi Hendrix (ACT 2002)
- Marimanga Trio (Gramofon 2004)
- Julien Lourau, Fire and Forget (Blue Label 2005)
- Official site of Bojan Z
|Random links:||Nottingham | Dedo del pie | Moiremont | Gaspard Louis Langeron | Pál Kovács | State Bank Tower | Styrène-butadiène|