Its inhabitants is called Blotzheimois and Blotzheimoises.
One discovered in Blotzheim a molar of Mammouth and a human cranium gone back to 40.000 years, vestiges of Roman roads, Tumulus. Mentioned in an act of 728 under the name of Flobestesheim, property of the abbey of Murbach. In XIVe century, Blotzheim is incorporated in the county of Ferrette. Old chief town, the commune belonged to the higher bailliage of Landser. The village belongs to the Habsbourg of XIIIe at the XVIIe century. The principal occupation of the inhabitants was: agriculture, the harvest of the fruits, wine and the breeding… The vine dating from the Romans is cultivated in the “Mühlberg and Hünnerberg”.
Jean-Paul Meyer resigned in 2005 and was re-elected with 55,6% of the votes at the time of an anticipated municipal election on February 12th, 2006 beating two other lists: that taken along by Marie-Claude Jordan (UMP) and the other taken along by Daniel Michel (various right-hand side).
provisional population for 2004: 3.629
Places and monuments
At the end of the XVIIe century, one was going to take water with Blotzheim. Two establishments with 18 bath-tubs accommodated especially curists bâlois. The source, the " Kabisbrunnen" , a sulfurous, ferruginous and cold water, feeds the network of water conveyance of Saint-Louis. Classified Blotzheim climatic zone since November 5th 1993.
the Vault Our-Lady-of-Oak of Blotzheim: the only one to be called “Sancta Maria AD Robar” in Alsace, registered voter with the historic building. The bell-tower goes back to 1494, one can see there the principal furnace bridge of time Baroque, the statues, the saved tables of the destruction coming from the founded convent of the capuchins in 1737, and especially an organ Calinet of 1843.
- the Castle of Blotzheim (current college of the Missions): The medieval castle destroyed in 1445, was replaced by the current castle in 1730, it was from time immemorial the residence of the lords of the village. In 1920, the Congrégation of the Holy Spirit creates the school of the missions there.
International airport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg
Personalities related to the commune
- the Jewish Father, " the apostle of the Sundgau " of Blotzheim of 1789 with 1822 was cleaned.
- a street bears the name of the Alsatian poet Nathan Katz from which the mother was born in Blotzheim.
- a place bears the name of Coluche
- Paul Gégauff, scenario writer.
- Benjamin Ulmann, Artist-painter, born on May 24th 1829 in Blotzheim, deceased on February 24th 1884 with Paris.
- Common of Haut-Rhin
- Official site of the commune
- Blotzheim on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Blotzheim on the site of INSEE
- Blotzheim on the site of Quid
- Localization of Blotzheim on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Blotzheim on Mapquest
|Random links:||County (field) | Quesnel-Aubry | National park Grated Harmed | Yi Jianlian | Roland Bermann | Paraphimosis|