Bernard Werber is a writer French (born the September 18th 1961 with Toulouse), known in particular for its trilogy of the many Ants and its Romance. Its work made meet Mythology, Spirituality, Philosophy, Science fiction, Biology, Futurology, Logical, as well as scientific data.
BiographyIt is born with Toulouse (Haute-Garonne) the September 18th 1961. As of the 14 years age, he writes stories for a Fanzine (started from its life which will be useful to him for its novels, as in Empire of the angels ). After its studies, it becomes journalist Scientifique during ten years, in particular for Eureka , the magazine of the Cité of sciences and industry. From these years its taste for the Science comes to him, which it mixes with its favorite topics, of the ants to the Mort until the origins of humanity.
Works of Bernard Werber were translated into thirty-five Langue S. With 15 million specimens sold in the world, Bernard Werber is one of the contemporary French authors most read in the world (with Marc Levy). He is even regarded as a star in South Korea.
Following its delivers éponyme, it initiated the Arbre of possible the , Web site and “project to seek or imagine the possible futures of humanity”. The first feature film of cinema carried out by Bernard Werber Our friends Land the left in April 2007, produced by Claude Lelouch and whose trailer was projected in preview at the time of its conference with Mensa.
WritingIts style of writing mixes different kinds, in particular the Saga of Aventure, the Science-fiction of the Entre-deux-guerres and the philosophical Conte.
In the majority of his novels, Bernard Werber uses the same form of construction, alternating informative articles of narrative Encyclopédie and two wire . The articles specify or widen the intrigues, these two last recutting itself episodically.
Moreover, its novels and its news intersect. One finds thus characters like Edmond Wells at the same time in the trilogy of the Fourmis and in the Empire of the angels , but also of the recurrent themes, like “the Tree of possible” of Isidore Katzenberg, or the novel Us them gods , taking again elements of the Nouvelle the School of the young gods .
In two novels, Werber describes authors of literature. Thus an author is introduced who, at the end of his life, writes a last book which gives a direction to whole work. While having beforehand noted a certain similarity of the characters, topics and style of the work of Werber, one can conclude from it that it tries to give a certain coherence to the ideas that it develops.
For a few years, Bernard Werber has decided to leave a book per annum, with each October 3rd. After the literary re-entry, the objective is of to propose with the different public thing that possible Price Goncourt .
Some of its detractors reproach him for making pass in its unquestionable works scientific theories for certainty whereas they are only assumptions among so many others, when they have a scientific base. On the scientific level, it is thus necessary to apprehend its works with a passing necessary.
One sees for example advancing in Thanatonautes the reason for which it is born on ground more girls than boys ; but it is that the statistics show the reverse: even by excluding the countries where the Selective abortion is practiced, the Sex ratio with the birth is of 1,05 to 1 in favor of the boys. The figures by age group are reversed only around 30 years and more in the developed countries.
None of its works claims nevertheless to prove or cancel any scientific theory, but to expose in a work of fiction some discoveries still little or not known of the general public. the Ultimate secrecy illustrates well this tendency, one can read there on the Quatrième of cover the following sentence: “They will go from surprised into surprised until the extraordinary outcome based on a scientific discovery little known but real. ”
Bernard Werber is member of honor of INREES, the Research institute on the Extraordinary Experiments, an association having for vocation the sensitizing of the professionals in mental health, of the doctors and looking after in general, with the extraordinary, or unusual experiments.
It is time to leave usual bipolar cleavages with an official world and an irrational world. There are facts, there are events and it is important to speak about it normally without passion, nor systematic exclusion. The world is not in a simple dichotomy I believe in it - I do not believe in it. It there in the place for a third way which one could summarize with a sentence: " I cannot explain it yet but that does not prevent me thinking and from seeing of it whether that could not have a utilité."
This approach is reflected consequently in the contents of its novels, such as for example the Thanatonautes , which proposes a spiritualistic version of the experiments of imminent death or Our Friends land the which tells an account of Enlèvements by extraterrestrial the. Science, the Paranormal and the Spiritualité influence many its novels thus.
Symbolic systemsThe Symbolique S in its books are numerous. The animals like the Dolphin, the Rat or the ants are as many animals intelligent or, in any case, presented like such.
Also, returns frequently the symbolic system of the figures which, according to the way that they are explained, reflect “the stage of the evolution of the heart” in the shape even of the figures.
Trilogy of the Ants
- the Ants , price of the readers of Sciences and Avenir , 1991. This book is its great success: it was sold with more than 2 million specimens and was translated in more than thirty languages.
- the Day of the ants , Grand Prix of the readers of It, 1992
- the Revolution of the ants , 1996
Cycle of Thanatonautes
- Thanatonautes , 1994, Bernard Werber acknowledges to have leaning for this book, which was however a commercial failure, at the time of its exit large size, success having come with the version from pocket.
- Empire of the angels , Jules-Verne price, 2000
- Us them gods (October 5th 2004)
- the Breath of the gods (October 2005)
- the Mystery of the gods (left the October 3rd 2007).
Series of the Adventurers of Science
- the Encyclopedia of the relative and absolute knowledge , 1993
- the Book of the voyage , price of the readers of the “Book of Pocket”, 1997
- the secret Book of the ants, 2002
- Our human friends the, 2003
- the Tree of possible the , 2002
- Exit , 1999
- Children of Eve , May 2005
- the Queen of mother-of-pearl , (Short film, 15 ') 2001 corealized by S. Drouin
- Human the , (Short film, 9 ') 2003
- Our friends Land the , Feature-length film produces by Claude Lelouch, left the April 18th 2007
- Our human friends the , 2003 put in scene in 2004 by Jean-Christophe Barc and interpreted by Audrey Dana and Jean-Christophe Barc. Collecting was carried out Wednesday December 7th 2005 with Annonay.
- Foreword of the vegetable Man , of Gerard Nissim Amzallag, Albin Michel, 2003
- Murder in the Fog , 2006
- the treasure of the island of the visionaries , 2004
|Random links:||Deporte de invierno | Marcel Cravenne | Carpos | Marquis de Sade (group) | ES Collo | Noureddine Benomar Alami|