See also: Bellerive
GeographyBellerive (533m) is located on the southern slope of the Vully, between the lakes of Neuchâtel and Morat, with 5km in the north of Avenches. The territory of the commune extends to bank from the Lac from Morat, on the two sides of the mouth of the Broye. The major part of the village of Salavaux (436m), located at the mouth of the Broye, as well as the villages of Cotterd (481m), perched on the Vully, and of Vallamand - Below (433m), on Western bank of the Lake Morat, belong to the commune of Bellerive. The common neighbors of Bellerive are Constantine (western), Montmagny (north-western), Cudrefin (northern) and Vallamand (is).
In 1997, the territory consisted of 22% of built-up areas, of 10% of forest zones, 64% of agricultural zones, and a little less than unproductive ground 4%.
CotterdThe village of Cotterd is located between Bellerive and Salavaux and was the old center of the commune with the municipal authorities, the church, the college and the dairy. Nowadays remain nothing any more but the church Saint-Sévrin (1702), the cure (1752) and the college.
SalavauxThe major part of the village of Salavaux is located on the commune of Bellerive, the other part belongs to the commune of Constantine. The village is most important of the commune of Bellerive, one finds there the post office, the municipal authorities and the majority of the trade of the commune. At the entry of the village while coming since Avenches is a versatile room, built by the communes of Constantine, Bellerive, Montmagny and Chabrey. The village also has a castle (on the commune of Constantine), built at the origin in XIIIe century and still having a round tower of the time of its foundation.
Vallamand-DessousVallamand - Below is located on western bank of the Lac of Morat and has an unloading dock, as well as a marina (on the commune of Vallamand). The castle, which was since its construction, at the beginning of the XVIIIe century, the place of residence of the Master of Bellerive, is with Vallamand - Below.
PopulationWith 585 inhabitants (at the end of 2004) Bellerive belongs to the small communes of the Canton of Vaud. The population of Bellerive rose with 402 inhabitants in 1850, then 487 inhabitants in 1900. After the number of inhabitants fell up to 412 in 1970, a significant increase in population was since then recorded. The official language is French, spoken by 61.7% about the population, 28.2% of the population speaks German and 2.7% Portuguese (2000). The population is to 65% Protestant woman and a little more than 20% catholic (2000).
The communal policy is based on an executive of 5 members and a general advice.
EconomyBellerive was a village strongly marked by agriculture until second half of the XXe century. The farmers and wine growers still nowadays have a crucial role in the structure of the commune. A vineyard extends in particular between the villages from Bellerive, Cotterd and Vallamand. Other work stations exist in small local industry and especially in the service sector. The village accommodates a medico-social establishment. During the last decades, the commune developed in a commune of dwelling, and people work in the surrounding big cities, in particular Bern. Tourism is developed in the commune, which counts nearly 200 country cottages of holidays, located also enough at the south of the Broye near the Lac of Morat.
TransportThe exit of the highway A1 with Avenches is at less 7km. The closest stations are those of Avenches and Ins. A service of boats connects Vallamand - Below to Morat. Been useful PubliCar is also available, as in all the remainder of the District of Avenches.
HistoryThe territory of the commune of Bellerive was populated very early. The oldest traces are the remainders of a lake village towards Vallamand-Dessous which go back to the Bronze Age. The first document mentioning the place goes back to 1228 with the name Balariva. Latinized versions appear later, Pulchra scraped (1240) and Bellariva (1299).
Bellerive was subordinated to the Masters of Grandcour during XIVe century and passed under the influence of the Maison of Savoy in 1397. With the conquest of Vaud by Bern, Bellerive was attached to the bailliage Avenches. In 1978, under the Swiss Republic, after the fall of the Old Mode, Bellerive was attached to the Canton of Freiburg. Then the Acte of mediation attached Bellerive, and the remainder of the District of Avenches, with the canton of Vaud, wedged in the Canton of Freiburg. Until 1811, Bellerive, Constantine and Montmagny formed only one and single commune.
|Random links:||Holy-Cecile-in Andorge | Rosoy | Tsa' chila | Leiothrix | Goris | Banlieue_noire_de_pélican,_comté_d'aile_de_corneille,_Minnesota|