Beirut (rear RTL بيروت), where live nearly 2,4 million inhabitants, is the Capitale Lebanon. It is also a financial center and a commercial port on the the Mediterranean. It is an arts center of an major importance in the east of the the Mediterranean and the countries Arab. Beirut can be considered, because of its strategic site, like a crossroads between three continents (the Asia, the Africa, and the Europe), and an access towards the East.
Small port Phénicie N, then quoted fairly important of the Roman Empire, re-elected for its school of right, Béryte undergoes a terrible earthquake, accompanied by a Tsunami, in 552, it will never go back from there really until the modern time. The place started to strictly speaking become a city at the end of the XIXème century and at the beginning of the XXème century.
Beirut was in the middle of intense a civil war of 1975 with 1990, in particular with the division of the city Beirut-Is for the Christians and Beirut-West for the Moslems, and its rebuilding since the Années 1990 makes of it an enormous building site. Having survived one decade and half of conflicts, Beirut was called “the city which refuses to disappear”. In July 2006, the suburbs and its neighborhoods are bombarded by aviation and the Israeli navy within the framework of the Opération Rewards Just for the Israeli armed . Many districts, infrastructures, access roads are destroyed. The town of Beirut in it even, as for it, remained intact.
Life in Beirut
The night life in Beirut never stops. Discotheques, nightclubs, and pubs in the districts Monot, Verdun, Hamra, Gemmayze, on the cornices of the seaside and in the center town, invite the visitors to spend the pleasant moments. The Lebanese capital remains one of the places of reference for those and those which seek the gasoline even Mediterranean night life.
Often compared with places such as Ibiza and Miami as regards its social and fashionable scene, Beirut expresses an incredible thirst for life, seldom present elsewhere at the Middle-East. Undoubtedly one of specificities of the Capital of Lebanon east it infinite number of choices which are offered in night term of life, making that each night is comparable with one Saturday evening.
There urgently exists also a well-known system medical of night in Beirut which operates 24:00 on 24:00, " S.O.S MEDECINS" ensure of the doctors throughout the day, it is enough to compose the phone number (01/344444) to ask a doctor his residence.
In Hamra, the street comprises a multitude of restaurants, coffees and shops. One finds there kitchens of any area of the world and coffees in way " européenne".
In Monot, the nightclubs and discotheques are everywhere and the night, the street one of is agitated city. The young people of Beirut find saturdays evenings over there…
On the cornice of Beirut, the long ballade on the sea, environment is more popular. No matter who walks there at any hour and any day. Between young people in love, whole families or sportsmen, the cornice is very agitated, it too.
The downtown area is a district particular to Beirut. It is the district best built in Beirut, true architectural work of art. It was entirely renovated and contains a multitude of restaurants, coffees, shops and the night life there is very agitated. Many shops of European marks of luxuries settled there.
Close to him, Saifi Village: equipped with a very beautiful architecture, this district is entirely intended for the galleries of Article.
Events and festivals
Each year takes place in Beirut the Festival of Lebanese Film (Official site)
- Nicolas Hayek, President of the clock making group Swatch Group
- Fayrouz, emblematic Singer of Lebanon, born in 1935
- Gibran Khalil Gibran, One of the poets of most known in occident, born in Bécharré in 1883
- Keanu Reeves, actor
- Elie Saab, dressmaker
- Krikor Agopian, painter
- Perished Cochin, TV host
- Amin Maalouf, writer, born in 1949
- Steve Kerr, player of Basketball, victorious of championship NBA to 5 recoveries
- K-Maro, singer of R' B Canadian of Lebanese origin born in Beirut
- Simon Abkarian, actor French
- Carlos Ghosn, chairman of the Renault groups and Nissan
- Serj Tankian, singer of System off has Down
- John Dolmayan, beater of System off has Down
- Karl Wolf, Canadian singer of Lebanese origin, born in Beirut
- Camille Allam, born with Beirut, painter, sculptor and Musicologue
- Massari, singer of Hip Hop born in Beirut living Ottawa
- Gabrielle Anwar, actress in Hollywood
- Mario Kassar, producer of BASIC Instinct 2
- Kheireddine Al-Ahdab, Prime Minister
- Saëb Salam, Prime Minister
- Nawal el zoghbi, singer
- Mika, libano-American singer pop living in London
- Andree Chedid, poet and écrivaine French, mother of Louis Chedid, and grandmother of Matthieu Chedid (- m), singers
- Shakira, song writer and performer and Colombian singer of Lebanese origin
- Edmond Safra, banker
Districts and suburbs of Beirut
- Dahieh Janoubyé (southern Suburbs)
- Haret Hreik
- Koraytem (district sunnite)
- Mar Elias
- Burj Abou Haidar
- Bourj Hammoud
- Dahieh Gharbiyé (western Suburbs)
- Burj El Barajneh
- Burj El Morr
- Very interesting sights in panorama of Beirut with modern sights of the year 2007 * Municipality of Beirut
- Blog devoted to Beirut
- Beirut on Wikitravel
- French-speaking Panorama of Beirut by LibanVision
- Beirut in Texts and Images on Liban-villages.com
- Beirut, City of the world with TV5
- Beirut Staircase of Art Gemayze
Be-X-old: Бейрут Simple: Beirut
|Random links:||Anemone (actress) | Ocourt | Championship of Russia of football | Vincent Spadea | Alternative places | 1_E11_s|